Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ludlow 2009 Team

Featured Replies

If they go .500 it would be impressive. They have some talent there but it is almost all unproven. Dan Hammons will have to lead them on and off the field or in his sake mound. Their pitching beyong that is suspect really. Kyle Williamson shouls start at first, Ronnie Banks second, Zach Stegemoller short, Tyler Shelton 3rd. I have no clue who would catch or play outfield they really need some kids to step up. Banks and Stegemoller will have to play their hearts out. Stegemoller is a good athlete, but he is no Drew Lantry, Kyle York, or Jarrett Rouse. (Ludlow's last 3 SS) Banks plays as hard as anyone, but is truly a better outfielder but has to play second by default. As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time Ludlow had a top tier player at second they just can't seem to produce them.

 

Anyway that is just my opinion. :thumb: Please post your thoughts and opinions.

If they go .500 it would be impressive. They have some talent there but it is almost all unproven. Dan Hammons will have to lead them on and off the field or in his sake mound. Their pitching beyong that is suspect really. Kyle Williamson shouls start at first, Ronnie Banks second, Zach Stegemoller short, Tyler Shelton 3rd. I have no clue who would catch or play outfield they really need some kids to step up. Banks and Stegemoller will have to play their hearts out. Stegemoller is a good athlete, but he is no Drew Lantry, Kyle York, or Jarrett Rouse. (Ludlow's last 3 SS) Banks plays as hard as anyone, but is truly a better outfielder but has to play second by default. As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time Ludlow had a top tier player at second they just can't seem to produce them.

 

Anyway that is just my opinion. :thumb: Please post your thoughts and opinions.

 

:thumb:I agree, a 500 season would be very impressive considering the instability of the program the past few years. They have some kids who can play but just not as good as they or their families like to think. The baseball program at Ludlow needs a big injection of dedication and enthusiasm both by the players and the new coach, whomever it turns out to be.

  • Author
:thumb:I agree, a 500 season would be very impressive considering the instability of the program the past few years. They have some kids who can play but just not as good as they or their families like to think. The baseball program at Ludlow needs a big injection of dedication and enthusiasm both by the players and the new coach, whomever it turns out to be.

 

You hit the nail on the head there, and signing a coach before the end of Jan. for once wouldn't hurt.

If they go .500 it would be impressive. They have some talent there but it is almost all unproven. Dan Hammons will have to lead them on and off the field or in his sake mound. Their pitching beyong that is suspect really. Kyle Williamson shouls start at first, Ronnie Banks second, Zach Stegemoller short, Tyler Shelton 3rd. I have no clue who would catch or play outfield they really need some kids to step up. Banks and Stegemoller will have to play their hearts out. Stegemoller is a good athlete, but he is no Drew Lantry, Kyle York, or Jarrett Rouse. (Ludlow's last 3 SS) Banks plays as hard as anyone, but is truly a better outfielder but has to play second by default. As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time Ludlow had a top tier player at second they just can't seem to produce them.

 

Anyway that is just my opinion. :thumb: Please post your thoughts and opinions.

 

Haha well I don't know about that. I seem to remember just a few years ago, Ludlow had a guy who played 2nd base name Gary Pence, and well he must have been a pretty darn decent player considering he was a 4 year varsity starter for Ludlow. And it wasn't like he was starting because it was a bad team, it was on good teams. His freshman year they won the conference, sophomore year they were runner ups in a big tournament down south and made the region. Junior year didn't go so well for team with new coach. Then senior year they beat CovCath and won the district. In fact Gary would have made the all district team if CovCath would have had one since it was up to them since they were host. 2 for 3 with a triple, 2 RBI's and 2 runs scored in that game.

 

So I must say I have to disagree with you again my friend, because Ludlow did have a pretty good 2nd baseman for 4 years between 2001 to 2004. I guess you can just say though they just haven't found a good replacement for him since.;) Those years between 2001 and 2004 the Ludlow baseball team was filled with a lot of talented players. One of the best groups to ever come up through Ludlow. :thumb:

Haha well I don't know about that. I seem to remember just a few years ago, Ludlow had a guy who played 2nd base name Gary Pence, and well he must have been a pretty darn decent player considering he was a 4 year varsity starter for Ludlow. And it wasn't like he was starting because it was a bad team, it was on good teams. His freshman year they won the conference, sophomore year they were runner ups in a big tournament down south and made the region. Junior year didn't go so well for team with new coach. Then senior year they beat CovCath and won the district. In fact Gary would have made the all district team if CovCath would have had one since it was up to them since they were host. 2 for 3 with a triple, 2 RBI's and 2 runs scored in that game.

 

So I must say I have to disagree with you again my friend, because Ludlow did have a pretty good 2nd baseman for 4 years between 2001 to 2004. I guess you can just say though they just haven't found a good replacement for him since.;) Those years between 2001 and 2004 the Ludlow baseball team was filled with a lot of talented players. One of the best groups to ever come up through Ludlow. :thumb:

 

:thumb::laugh:

  • Author
Haha well I don't know about that. I seem to remember just a few years ago, Ludlow had a guy who played 2nd base name Gary Pence, and well he must have been a pretty darn decent player considering he was a 4 year varsity starter for Ludlow. And it wasn't like he was starting because it was a bad team, it was on good teams. His freshman year they won the conference, sophomore year they were runner ups in a big tournament down south and made the region. Junior year didn't go so well for team with new coach. Then senior year they beat CovCath and won the district. In fact Gary would have made the all district team if CovCath would have had one since it was up to them since they were host. 2 for 3 with a triple, 2 RBI's and 2 runs scored in that game.

 

So I must say I have to disagree with you again my friend, because Ludlow did have a pretty good 2nd baseman for 4 years between 2001 to 2004. I guess you can just say though they just haven't found a good replacement for him since.;) Those years between 2001 and 2004 the Ludlow baseball team was filled with a lot of talented players. One of the best groups to ever come up through Ludlow. :thumb:

 

I'm sorry, but Gary really wouldn't have played many other places. He was good.. at Ludlow, but certainly not top tier as I stated before.

:thumb::laugh:

 

I thought it was a good post! :D

I'm sorry, but Gary really wouldn't have played many other places. He was good.. at Ludlow, but certainly not top tier as I stated before.

 

Yeah good point. I mean he was the starting 2nd baseman for one of the top 8 teams in the region for most of his 4 years there. So he can start for a top 8 team in the region for 4 years, So that means that there weren't many teams better than Ludlow. However your right he wouldn't be able to start at many other places other than Ludlow. Even though Ludlow was better than most of the other teams, since they was one of better teams in region. Good point...:rolleyes::sssh::D

  • Author
Yeah good point. I mean he was the starting 2nd baseman for one of the top 8 teams in the region for most of his 4 years there. So he can start for a top 8 team in the region for 4 years, So that means that there weren't many teams better than Ludlow. However your he wouldn't be able to start at many other places even though Ludlow was better than most of them, since was one of better teams in region. Good point...:rolleyes::sssh::D

 

I'm what? Didn't understand that thread.

I'm what? Didn't understand that thread.

 

Typo on my part, it is fixed now.

  • Author

Look it is just my opinion brother. There are ALOT of people that think he did alot of great things which he did. I'm just saying i never saw him as top tier. Nothing wrong with my opinion. Top tier guys go on to play in college and the last I heard Pence wasn't doing that.

Look it is just my opinion brother. There are ALOT of people that think he did alot of great things which he did. I'm just saying i never saw him as top tier. Nothing wrong with my opinion. Top tier guys go on to play in college and the last I heard Pence wasn't doing that.

 

You know what, I dont say this often on here. However you are right. If top tier means players who go to play in college, you are right. Because he did not, so he would not be top tier. I had a little different definition for top tier, and just one of the better ones in the region. But it is true, he was not good enough to play in college. :thumb:

Edited by futurecoach

  • Author
You know what, I dont say this often on here. However you are right. If top tier means players who go to play in college, you are right. Because he did not, so he would not be top tier. I had a little definition for top tier, and just one of the better ones in the region. But it is true, he was not good enough to play in college. :thumb:

 

But he did do great things. i won't take that away from him. One of the faster players Ludlow has had in baseball if I'm not mistaken. Did he ever challenge any SB records or anything? Or does Ludlow even track that because they don't seem to track stats as well as some other schools. or of course those schools could just be padding stats as well.:sssh:

But he did do great things. i won't take that away from him. One of the faster players Ludlow has had in baseball if I'm not mistaken. Did he ever challenge any SB records or anything? Or does Ludlow even track that because they don't seem to track stats as well as some other schools. or of course those schools could just be padding stats as well.:sssh:

 

You are right again, from what I know. Ludlow was not the best at keeping stats for baseball, and stolen bases was definitely something they didn't keep good track of. I not sure if they have gotten better at that lately, however I know they use not to be that good at it when it came to baseball.

  • Author
You are right again, from what I know. Ludlow was not the best at keeping stats for baseball, and stolen bases was definitely something they didn't keep much track of. I not sure if they have gotten better at that lately, however I know they use not to be that good at it when it came to baseball.

 

Thats a shame. Maybe players get a few looks if their name is out there somewhere. Not that this is all that scouts go off of but it can't hurt. I don't mean padding them, but keeping them if for nothing else than the kids would be great.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.