CCH Men's Volleyball?

CCH24

Rumor around town is Covington Catholic is starting a men's volleyball team. Senior Eric Smith seems to be the star that would lead this team to victory week in and week out. Looks to be an exciting year of men's volleyball. :ylsuper:

The boys volleyball starts in late March and goes til late May. It is not sanctioned by the KHSAA so it is considered a "club" sport. There are a lot of teams in Cincinnati that have boys teams. Elder, St X, and Moeller have great programs and are a must see. For boys volleyball, you can throw fundamentals out the window. It's all about power!

I hope this is true - CCH would be able to field a very strong team based on how well the feeder schools do with their boys teams. When would the season run? (which sports would conflict)

I heard Cov Cath or at least some parents have been talking about getting boys VB going for a couple of years. For a year or two some of the N KY boys from the feeder schools had a team during the Club season. I am pretty sure they played for NKJV.

Good luck on hopefully getting it started

I heard Cov Cath or at least some parents have been talking about getting boys VB going for a couple of years. For a year or two some of the N KY boys from the feeder schools had a team during the Club season. I am pretty sure they played for NKJV.

Max Pauly was an excellent volleyball player (as well as some others from the Junior class)

Rumor around town is Covington Catholic is starting a men's volleyball team. Senior Eric Smith seems to be the star that would lead this team to victory week in and week out. Looks to be an exciting year of men's volleyball. :ylsuper:

You mean "boys" right. It seems to be a new sport for Boys in high school around these parts. I wasn't sure if it was a Mens, alumni league or a high school boys league.

Max Pauly was an excellent volleyball player (as well as some others from the Junior class)

A couple of years ago, Max's team played the NKYVC girls of the same age (mostly girls playing for NDA now). It was tons of fun to see the boys vs the girls. Two VERY different types of play. However, the girls beat out the boys. It would be fun to see a rematch between those two teams.

There has been talk about it for years. NKU's athletic director, Jane Meier, was one of the biggest supporters of it around 1999 - 2001; however, her son transferred to Villa and a lot of the talk died down some.

Personally, I think it is an awesome idea if there is enough interest and somebody is willing to coach.

The boys volleyball starts in late March and goes til late May. It is not sanctioned by the KHSAA so it is considered a "club" sport. There are a lot of teams in Cincinnati that have boys teams. Elder, St X, and Moeller have great programs and are a must see. For boys volleyball, you can throw fundamentals out the window. It's all about power!

I really enjoy boys volleyball, and hope it works, but seems like the season prevents the track, baseball and lacrosse guys from playing. Might not be enough athletes.