Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamsburg 44 Campbellsville 30

Featured Replies

I was not there, so I would not know, but it sounds like a circus broke out at the football game at some point. Was it frustration from bad calls, good calls caused by frustration, or a little of both a and b?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take out the unsportsman penalties which were well earned and the penalty yards were nearly the same.

 

I think that anybody that has ever been to or participated in a football game, knows that it is not the amount of flags or penalty yards, but WHEN the flags are thrown. You can have a 10-yard holding penalty for each team, one brings back a 50 yard touchdown run and the other just makes bad field position even worse. Which one has hurt a team more? . . . Yet, both teams have 10 penalty yards. I didn't have a dog in this fight, I was just thinking that a blown call can make a huge difference in the momentum of a game.

I think that anybody that has ever been to or participated in a football game' date=' knows that it is not the amount of flags or penalty yards, but WHEN the flags are thrown. You can have a 10-yard holding penalty for each team, one brings back a 50 yard touchdown run and the other just makes bad field position even worse. Which one has hurt a team more? . . . Yet, both teams have 10 penalty yards. I didn't have a dog in this fight, I was just thinking that a blown call can make a huge difference in the momentum of a game.[/quote']

 

The two calls that really went against Campbellsville were unfortunate, but the correct calls. The kick off return they scored in the first half (clipping call, not holding). It happened in the middle of the field away from the play(it was a silly mistake that really did not affect the outcome of the play). The white hat did not throw the flag it was the far sideline judge. The double pass was pretty obvious as well. If they would have tried the play under center or even had the QB attack the line it would have been a great play. Instead there were two forward passes. Williamsburg moved the ball at will pretty much the whole ball game, especially on the ground. The refs had really nothing to do with that. Also the big turning point in the game was the two on side kicks Williamsburg recovered, and the personal foul penalties. I really did not think either team looked good defensively, or on special teams.

The two calls that really went against Campbellsville were unfortunate, but the correct calls. The kick off return they scored in the first half (clipping call, not holding). It happened in the middle of the field away from the play(it was a silly mistake that really did not affect the outcome of the play). The white hat did not throw the flag it was the far sideline judge. The double pass was pretty obvious as well. If they would have tried the play under center or even had the QB attack the line it would have been a great play. Instead there were two forward passes. Williamsburg moved the ball at will pretty much the whole ball game, especially on the ground. The refs had really nothing to do with that. Also the big turning point in the game was the two on side kicks Williamsburg recovered, and the personal foul penalties. I really did not think either team looked good defensively, or on special teams.

 

This is dead on from what I saw of the game. I think some people have been looking for excuses because they really have a hard time with Williamsburg having a pretty good team this year. There is still a big test for Williamsburg coming up in two weeks against the campers. If you thought the C'ville game was wild on Friday I can about guaranteed the Lynn Camp game will be crazier.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR IN THE VILLE. MAYBE WE CAN HAND PICK THE WHITE HAT.......

 

Do you really think anyone can pick the officals? Williamsburg fans think the refs in the two games last year killed them.

This is an apology to the Williamsburg team, and their coaching staff. I compromised the integrity of this web forumn and of the Williamsburg victory this past Friday night. Williamsburg has a very talented and well coached football team. They will do well in the play-offs and I wish them nothing but the best of luck. Thanks for your time...... The Nation.....

This is an apology to the Williamsburg team, and their coaching staff. I compromised the integrity of this web forumn and of the Williamsburg victory this past Friday night. Williamsburg has a very talented and well coached football team. They will do well in the play-offs and I wish them nothing but the best of luck. Thanks for your time...... The Nation.....

 

It took a big man to come back and post that Eaglenation...Good luck to the Eagles....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.