Homicide and fire in Independence?

sportsfan41

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked online, it's at the very end of the street that's right across from mine according to whats being reported online.

I almost want to walk down and check it out, but seeing as how it's midnight, and the news is reporting shots we fired before the fire broke out I'm thinking it'd likely be in my best interests to stay inside.

I just looked online, it's at the very end of the street that's right across from mine according to whats being reported online.

I almost want to walk down and check it out, but seeing as how it's midnight, and the news is reporting shots we fired before the fire broke out I'm thinking it'd likely be in my best interests to stay inside.

Wow, where in Independence is this located? My aunt lives out that way. I really hope you stay safe out there. Yikes..

I would imagine there are many many cops and crew there so you should be safe. They are saying 3 are confirmed dead.

Ha yea and I know just about all of them, or they know my folks(3 of my 4 worked at the police department or fire house) I just wouldn't want someone to call and say they saw me walking the streets afterwards lol.

As for the fire, and everything that's taken place, I have been listening to the scanner, and between that, talking to people that live on the street, and some others I have a pretty good idea of what may have happened. Regardless it's very sad and horrible that lives were lost tonight in my neighborhood.

Won't say anything else on here as for as "guessing", if anyone wants to know in private then you can PM me.

Wow, where in Independence is this located? My aunt lives out that way. I really hope you stay safe out there. Yikes..

It's about one mile south of SK. In fact based off where it took place it's probably just about a mile south driving from SK's parking to this houses drive way.

Yeah, I was just down there. My aunt lives two houses down, I couldn't get there but I made sure they were okay.

Yea I was don't know the people who's house it was but do know people that live in the houses within that area. This is really a sad incident.

Yea I was don't know the people who's house it was but do know people that live in the houses within that area. This is really a sad incident.

Very..

Everything was all tapped but around midnight when I ran into a few buddies down there..

Anything new being reported?

Very..

Everything was all tapped but around midnight when I ran into a few buddies down there..

Anything new being reported?

Nope not really, listened to the scanner a bit, heard some stuff that people that knew of the family's situation. Enough for me to have an understanding of what I FEEL, MAY HAVE HAPPENED, nothing certain. It may say on the news this morning, but I wouldn't be surprised if a full statement isn't released for a few days either.

When it's a family it's always likely that the officials involved want to make sure everything is clear and concise before they release too much info. Anyone who remembers stories similar to this though will recall that in situations where foul play is potentially suspected, but police AREN'T "searching for suspects" or alerting you to be on the lookout, well there is usually a reason.