Fort Campbell 70 Fort Knox 0

mcpapa

Major substitutions started mid-way thru the second quarter. Coach Berner wasn't trying to run-up the score, but the only way this one would have been close would have been to start the JV squad. The score would maybe have been 35-0, instead of 70-0. As I made the long drive back home, I thought about all the teams and games I have watched over the years. I concluded that this years Ft. Knox team is the worst team I have EVER watched period, hands-down!

I thought Coach Berner had a great answer on the radio pregame show when asked about why they should keep playing Fort Knox despite the fact the last six games have been something like 302-12 in favor of Fort Campbell. Something to the effect of "with everything that's going on with the families of these players, it's a special game" and gives the players some bragging rights. It was a great answer.

I thought Coach Berner had a great answer on the radio pregame show when asked about why they should keep playing Fort Knox despite the fact the last six games have been something like 302-12 in favor of Fort Campbell. Something to the effect of "with everything that's going on with the families of these players, it's a special game" and gives the players some bragging rights. It was a great answer.

Coach Berner is all class, no matter the opponent or outcome. He is a tremendous role model for all the kids at Ft. Campbell, not just his players.

Coach Berner is all class, no matter the opponent or outcome. He is a tremendous role model for all the kids at Ft. Campbell, not just his players.

That he is. My son loves him! He's such a nice guy too. I'm going home on leave in less than 14 days and he's definitely someone that I look forward to seeing.

Later.