Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sad State of Affairs

Featured Replies

So was it inches from a girls head and struck the wall due to the velocity of the ball or was it not within 10 feet of a girl and bounced into the wall?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Are you serious? We wonder why people behave the way they do? If this is an acceptable form of behavior from an adult coach ANY level of basketball over a call in a game then as the title states........sad state of affairs!

 

My opinion is i expect a coach to question what he or she thanks is a wrong call against there team. But what happened here can never be acceptable behavior.

Was anyone filming the game?

Well, I checked this out, because I had a feeling which direction this was headed. I made a couple of inquiries to some folk who I trust and know were at the game. No player was in danger at any time was what I was told. Coach got peeved at a couple of calls, threw the ball to the end the official was going that made the "poor calls" and he got T'd up. Sounds like the officials did the right thing. Was told that it is much ado about nothing.

Well, I checked this out, because I had a feeling which direction this was headed. I made a couple of inquiries to some folk who I trust and know were at the game. No player was in danger at any time was what I was told. Coach got peeved at a couple of calls, threw the ball to the end the official was going that made the "poor calls" and he got T'd up. Sounds like the officials did the right thing. Was told that it is much ado about nothing.

 

Agree!

I dont see him being removed. And there was three of us up heading to the bench but we thought better of it. The mother did give him a mouth full.

 

 

You did the right thing by not doing this pp. Let the ref's handle what goes on in the game. No parents, fans, etc... have any business approaching any team, coaches, or players during a game. Or even after a game.

Well, I checked this out, because I had a feeling which direction this was headed. I made a couple of inquiries to some folk who I trust and know were at the game. No player was in danger at any time was what I was told. Coach got peeved at a couple of calls, threw the ball to the end the official was going that made the "poor calls" and he got T'd up. Sounds like the officials did the right thing. Was told that it is much ado about nothing.

 

Thanks for clearing it up! The way you put it, it sounds like the appropriate actions were taken! Now we can all move on with our lives! :cool: ha ha

You did the right thing by not doing this pp. Let the ref's handle what goes on in the game. No parents, fans, etc... have any business approaching any team, coaches, or players during a game. Or even after a game.

 

Agreed! Two wrongs, or even two apparent wrongs don't make a right!

  • Author
Well, I checked this out, because I had a feeling which direction this was headed. I made a couple of inquiries to some folk who I trust and know were at the game. No player was in danger at any time was what I was told. Coach got peeved at a couple of calls, threw the ball to the end the official was going that made the "poor calls" and he got T'd up. Sounds like the officials did the right thing. Was told that it is much ado about nothing.

 

I put this thread up to see if this is acceptable. Well i guess in some minds it is and every body see's things differently. If what i witnessed is ok behavior out of are coaches then i dont want that as roll model for my child. Great conversation anyway.:thumb:

Edited by powerplant1

Lets summarize:

 

If the coach threw the ball out of anger anywhere near a player, he needs to no longer be a coach.

 

If the coach threw the ball with some extra velocity towards an official that bounced before getting to said official, he needs to be T'd and potentially ejected but should remain assuming this isn't part of a long pattern.

  • Author
You did the right thing by not doing this pp. Let the ref's handle what goes on in the game. No parents, fans, etc... have any business approaching any team, coaches, or players during a game. Or even after a game.

 

I agree with all of this very much so. Was it handled yes was it handle right everyone's opinion.

  • Author
Lets summarize:

 

If the coach threw the ball out of anger anywhere near a player, he needs to no longer be a coach.

 

If the coach threw the ball with some extra velocity towards an official that bounced before getting to said official, he needs to be T'd and potentially ejected but should remain assuming this isn't part of a long pattern.

 

I will say one referee was walking towards coach mid court. And the other was on the opposite side of court no were near were the ball was thrown.

You did the right thing by not doing this pp. Let the ref's handle what goes on in the game. No parents, fans, etc... have any business approaching any team, coaches, or players during a game. Or even after a game.

 

I agree to a point but you can not tell me that if a opposing coach threw a ball at your daughter you would not want some quality time with him. I am not saying this is what happend but I just dont believe anyone would sit back and let this happen. I am sure with this being a christian school the right actions will be taken.

I agree to a point but you can not tell me that if a opposing coach threw a ball at your daughter you would not want some quality time with him. I am not saying this is what happend but I just dont believe anyone would sit back and let this happen. I am sure with this being a christian school the right actions will be taken.

 

Without commenting on what actions might be taken, you and I are in complete agreement. Its always easy to say "let the proper authorities handle it" when its not your flesh and blood. I'm not saying my reaction would be right but it certainly would be understandable to most.

Without commenting on what actions might be taken, you and I are in complete agreement. Its always easy to say "let the proper authorities handle it" when its not your flesh and blood. I'm not saying my reaction would be right but it certainly would be understandable to most.

 

Absolutely understandable. By the way did the home team win or visiting team.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.