Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Football Question

Featured Replies

To early to panic.

 

How bad will you kick yourself if you make the move now and regret it later?

 

You're going to have to lower your expectations for Moss. You appear to have a decent roster. This is where the coach earns his money. You just need to make sure you're starting the proper people each week.

  • Author
I'd do the Moss/Jackson for Smith deal in a heartbeat. Seattle has a bye, and Engram should be back in action for Seattle, he should be solid in that offense, posted good numbers last season, and Seattle likes to toss the skin. How long can Julius Jones actually play at a high level? More passing, and he has the most experience of any healty WR for the Hawks.

 

Yeah...I doubt he'll take it, but I'm hoping. Smith is a stud when healthy and he's at his best when Jake Delhomme is healthy. He seems like a good bet this year with Muhammad providing a threat opposite him, Delhomme healthy, and the team generating a solid running game with Williams and Stewart.

  • Author
To early to panic.

 

How bad will you kick yourself if you make the move now and regret it later?

 

You're going to have to lower your expectations for Moss. You appear to have a decent roster. This is where the coach earns his money. You just need to make sure you're starting the proper people each week.

 

I doubt I'll regret dealing Moss for Smith considering each guys situation.

 

Plus, with guys like Moss and Edwards you can't play matchups...they're elite talents who are capable of posting monster numbers on any given week. The very week you do that and put DeSean Jackson in, Moss will torch some team that supposedly has a great defense for 150 yards and 2 TD's.

 

There really isn't much decision for me to make when nobody is on a bye...I play Big Ben, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Moss, Edwards and Cooley. So far, everyone except my RB's have been abysmal...the only "mistake" I've made this year is starting Laurence Maroney (whom I've since dropped) in Week One.

My turn to get in on the Fantasy Hotline...

 

QBs - Warner, Manning

RBs - L. Johnson, Norwood, Sproles, Maroney, McAllister, Jul. Jones

WRs - Plax, Holmes, Cotchery, Hester

TE - Daniels, Gonzalez

 

 

Proposal I just received:

 

Sproles & L. Johnson

 

for

 

Jones-Drew & Roy Williams

My turn to get in on the Fantasy Hotline...

 

QBs - Warner, Manning

RBs - L. Johnson, Norwood, Sproles, Maroney, McAllister, Jul. Jones

WRs - Plax, Holmes, Cotchery, Hester

TE - Daniels, Gonzalez

 

 

Proposal I just received:

 

Sproles & L. Johnson

 

for

 

Jones-Drew & Roy Williams

 

I'd take that trade.

 

Fragile Fred's bound to go down sometime this year. Probably sooner than later. Roy is going to get his when people switch their 1 cover guy over to Calvin.

 

Is Sproles even getting playing time? I haven't heard much about him yet. But I haven't exactly looked either.

My turn to get in on the Fantasy Hotline...

 

QBs - Warner, Manning

RBs - L. Johnson, Norwood, Sproles, Maroney, McAllister, Jul. Jones

WRs - Plax, Holmes, Cotchery, Hester

TE - Daniels, Gonzalez

 

 

Proposal I just received:

 

Sproles & L. Johnson

 

for

 

Jones-Drew & Roy Williams

Pull the trigger ASAP!

BTW I just got Matt Forte for Chris Chambers.

 

My other RB's are R. Grant and W. McGaHee

My other WR's are Colston (hurt) Welker, H. Ward, Stuckey, B. Lloyd

 

Did I do well, or should I have kept Chambers?

 

I figured I should sell high on him

I'd take that trade.

 

Fragile Fred's bound to go down sometime this year. Probably sooner than later. Roy is going to get his when people switch their 1 cover guy over to Calvin.

 

Is Sproles even getting playing time? I haven't heard much about him yet. But I haven't exactly looked either.

 

It can be argued that when Sproles touches the ball, he is one of if not the most productive back in Fantasy (thus far). Not to mention he returns kicks for the Chargers. Bad part is, he is behind a HOF RB. LT is still somewhat banged up and probably the main reason this guy wants him.

 

I am going to pull the trigger.

  • Author

I hate you all...every last one of you! Who are you playing with? Geez! :irked:

 

:D

 

Seriously, with your roster, I'd have jumped all over Forte for Chambers. As far as straight up value, it's possible Chambers could keep it up and have a big season. But, Forte should be just as good and I think you really needed another good RB and your WR's, when healthy and playing to their potential, are good enough. My point is that even if Chambers keeps this up, I think this was still a good trade as long as Forte doesn't bomb because of your roster.

 

As for bugatti, I'd be all over that trade. Unless LT is out, Sproles is not a guy you can count on consistently. LJ is a waste this year in KC, IMO. MJD is a stud and a guy you can count on far more consistently. To be honest, I'd trade Sproles and LJ for Jones-Drew straight up...to get Roy Williams is like icing on the cake.

 

Now, why can't I get an offer like that? :confused::irked:

I hate you all...every last one of you! Who are you playing with? Geez! :irked:

 

:D

 

Seriously, with your roster, I'd have jumped all over Forte for Chambers. As far as straight up value, it's possible Chambers could keep it up and have a big season. But, Forte should be just as good and I think you really needed another good RB and your WR's, when healthy and playing to their potential, are good enough. My point is that even if Chambers keeps this up, I think this was still a good trade as long as Forte doesn't bomb because of your roster.

 

As for bugatti, I'd be all over that trade. Unless LT is out, Sproles is not a guy you can count on consistently. LJ is a waste this year in KC, IMO. MJD is a stud and a guy you can count on far more consistently. To be honest, I'd trade Sproles and LJ for Jones-Drew straight up...to get Roy Williams is like icing on the cake.

 

Now, why can't I get an offer like that? :confused::irked:

 

I had to post it on here because I felt like there was something I was overlooking :lol:

 

Thing is, this guy is a solid fantasy player, he is not the type to just make a trade for the sake of trading. I had already proposed something earlier to get LT from him and he denied it. I am with you on Sproles. I think he just watched the game the other night and got caught up in the moment.

  • Author
I had to post it on here because I felt like there was something I was overlooking :lol:

 

Thing is, this guy is a solid fantasy player, he is not the type to just make a trade for the sake of trading. I had already proposed something earlier to get LT from him and he denied it. I am with you on Sproles. I think he just watched the game the other night and got caught up in the moment.

 

Needless to say, I'd pounce on the opportunity. You never know in fantasy football with injuries and such, but all things being equal, this one's a no-brainer.

 

Now, if you'll excuse me...I have some one-sided trades to propose...

 

...JUST IN CASE!

I hate you all...every last one of you! Who are you playing with? Geez! :irked:

 

:D

 

I'm with ya there. There's a clown in another league that always offers the nutiest trades, always hugely in his favor like everyone he's playing with is a rookie waiting to be taken advantage of.

I had to post it on here because I felt like there was something I was overlooking :lol:

 

Thing is, this guy is a solid fantasy player, he is not the type to just make a trade for the sake of trading. I had already proposed something earlier to get LT from him and he denied it. I am with you on Sproles. I think he just watched the game the other night and got caught up in the moment.

 

Sounds to me like the guy is a Charger's fan and is letting his loyalty guide his motives, just like the common flaw you find with most Steeler's fans in fantasy football (always Big Ben at QB, Picking PITT defense earlier than anyone else, and at least one Steeler RB or WR). Either that or he puts way too much value into pre-season projections and still views LJ as one of the best RB's available (also explains why he wouldn't deal LT earlier). Any way, I am willing to bet Sproles was either a doubl digit draft pick of your or a free agent...gotta love playing with the house's money to get a legit #1 RB and #1 receiver while giving up a very weak #1 RB and a definate Flex only play.

I'm with ya there. There's a clown in another league that always offers the nutiest trades, always hugely in his favor like everyone he's playing with is a rookie waiting to be taken advantage of.

 

My buddy who I work with is second in our league now has gotten absolutely absurd production from everyone except his receivers, he drafted Ted Ginn Jr., Bernard Berrien, Laverneaus Coles, and Hank Baskett. In his mad scramble last week to find a receiver I took a shot giving up Lee Evans for Jason Witten, he thought about it, came up to my desk and paced back to his office, then finally let his emotions die down, and then realized he would be an idiot to accept that deal and cussed me for trying to take advantage of him :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.