George Rogers Clark 33 Danville 30 OT

ads 03

Based on the order of the scoring per the Winchester Sun article, in the 4th quarter the Danville miss on the EP was huge because it would have forced Clark to go for 2 to tie and send the game into OT.

Honestly I would have preferred that in a way, because I'd rather have Mr. WIlliams running it in from the 3 vs our backup kicker trying a pat. It worked out though.

Based on the order of the scoring per the Winchester Sun article, in the 4th quarter the Danville miss on the EP was huge because it would have forced Clark to go for 2 to tie and send the game into OT.

It was big miss but Max did a great job tonight...I believe that was his only miss...The kid has come a long way...:thumb:

The only things I question (and again, this is based on the criticism from the radio announcers) are why did Danville pass so deep in GRC territory and give up the INT and why did Danville try the FG in OT when it would be next to impossible to stop GRC from going 10 yards for a TD? I can see going for a pass because that is just Danville's offense this season, but I think I would've went for it on 4th and 2 and tried to get the TD. Again, I wasn't there, so its hard for me to get a true feel for what I would've done.

It definately sounds like a great effort from both teams and I still look for Danville to be in the running for the state title this season.

Not true..GRC won the toss and elected to go on defense, Danville chose the end of the field that they wanted.....the North end zone.

What a great defensive game by the Cards.:thumb: Darius Skinner had 3 interceptions. Cory Rogers had two pass defltctions late in the 4th quarter that were huge. Our Kicker, Mark Saporito did not play tonight due to being hurt. Taylor Moody filled in for him and did an excellant job. Ryan Williams as always help pull the Cards through. What a ball game.

Hats off to Danville and their coaching staff...best team we have faced all year. Best of luck the rest of the season.

The Cards are now 4-0 and face Madison Central next week.

Thanks for the clarification, Charlie Perry needs to be fired as radio announcer for the Admirals. Terrible job. On the other hand congratulations to GRC, and nice job to the Ads for answering the bell.

Good luck the rest of the season.