Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should volleyball be split into classes?

Featured Replies

Team Z (an Ohio club) would also be in this group.

 

lets not forget about nkjv in nky too. i know as a previous club coach most programs do not penalize for kids that play school sports or are involved with other school related activities...

I have heard a lot of good things about the NKY clubs...and will again explore playing this year. However, by not trying to take the BBALL girls I think they are missing out on some dedicated and great athletes. In our region for the majoority of the smaller schools those are the best players, even compared to the club player.

 

AS far as trying to do both, find me a club that will allow it and work with me and we are there. We have not foind this yet.

 

For our town starting a club is not a possibillity. I tried this last year but could not find 6 girls of the same or similar age that could afford the costs. (the tournaments are very expensive) Not to mention the gyms are full with the basketball season and there was no where to practice.

 

Please PM me any suggestions you have.

lets not forget about nkjv in nky too. i know as a previous club coach most programs do not penalize for kids that play school sports or are involved with other school related activities...

 

I think NKJV is a very good program, however they have not reached the level of competetiveness that NKYVC and Team Z have. If you live in the greater cincy area, those are the two clubs you would go to if looking for a scholarship. My daughter has played club ball for years and I have never seen an NKJV team compete well at the level the other two do.

 

One of the things I like about NKVJ is that they often have more than 1 or 2 teams per age group, allowing more girls to get more experience. Regardless of the team they join, you can always pick out the club players when high school time rolls around.

 

As far as splitting into classes, It certainly works for football. I think I would be for it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.