Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Larkey

Featured Replies

Is a class act. I'm sure that this is something that most on here familiar with Rockcastle and with Coach Larkey already know.

 

He was involved and showed a great interest in football in Harlan County today by attending the 5th and 6th grade Grid in Cumberland and the 7th and 8th grade Grid in Evarts.

 

He's proving by his leadership that this county can come together and build a program that will make this state take notice. He knows that for this thing to be successful there has to be support from the top down and he is providing that.

 

If you aren't on the Black Bear caravan...come on board...Go BLACK BEARS!!!!!

Edited by Scatbackskin2
language

I agree 100% Scatbackskin2.:thumb: Not only that, but most of his staff attended also. These coaches are putting in a lot of hours to build the Black Bear nation and they are appreciated! It has to be encouraging to the kids coming up thru the feeder programs that somebody is interested in them. I would think its encouraging to the coaches in those programs also. I know the parents appreciate them!

 

I wish Rockcastle the best this season! It's my understanding that their program was left in very capable hands and I hope they will continue to have success. I think most of Harlan County pulled for Rockcastle because of the hometown connection. I gotta admit I feel a teeny tiny bit guilty because we have him now. He sure has made an impact on our football program and we haven't even played a game yet.

Things like this in the high school football world is what just makes nearly anyone pull for certain teams. Dudley Hilton, much like Larkey, is on the sidelines at some Bell middle games. Both coaches are known for building incredibly strong programs from the ground up, and keeping their teams successful, I'm definitely gonna be checking in on the black bears Saturday mornings, and, possibly making a few trips to ol' James A. Cawood to see a game or two in Bells traveling weeks. Can't wait for the schools to begin a hopeful rivalry, not only to renew Hilton-Larkey, but to begin a new, exciting chapter for both programs. Best of luck to the Black Bears and Larkey this season! :D

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Is a class act. I'm sure that this is something that most on here familiar with Rockcastle and with Coach Larkey already know.

 

He was involved and showed a great interest in football in Harlan County today by attending the 5th and 6th grade Grid in Cumberland and the 7th and 8th grade Grid in Evarts.

 

He's proving by his leadership that this county can come together and build a program that will make this state take notice. He knows that for this thing to be successful there has to be support from the top down and he is providing that.

 

If you aren't on the Black Bear caravan...come on board...Go BLACK BEARS!!!!!

 

You are correct Scatbackskin. Larkey is a keeper, thats for sure. YOU GUYS LOOKED GOOD TONIGHT. I WAS IMPRESSED!

Is a class act. I'm sure that this is something that most on here familiar with Rockcastle and with Coach Larkey already know.

 

He was involved and showed a great interest in football in Harlan County today by attending the 5th and 6th grade Grid in Cumberland and the 7th and 8th grade Grid in Evarts.

 

He's proving by his leadership that this county can come together and build a program that will make this state take notice. He knows that for this thing to be successful there has to be support from the top down and he is providing that.

 

If you aren't on the Black Bear caravan...come on board...Go BLACK BEARS!!!!!

 

You are excatly right I think that everyone knows that about Coach Larkey if they don't they will find out. I wish them the best of luck!!!!!

I had the privilege of playing football and running track for him when he was the offensive coordinator & head track coach at Laurel County High School in the early 80's. He pushed me to accomplish things I never knew I could. He was one of my favorite coaches ever, from high school to college.

 

I will be cheering for him to do what he did at Rockcastle County, ... build a consistent winner.

I would consider the kids of Harlan County blessed to have a coach like Tom Larkey.

I would consider the kids of Harlan County blessed to have a coach like Tom Larkey.

 

I agree, the kids are blessed and Tom is a first class guy and first class coach. The kids of Harlan are also blessed because THEY made many great choices to lead our kids of this county. I couldn't be more pleased with the three big sports coaches; Larkey, Jones, Lewis and then Nolan for girls and they seem to be great all the way down the line! :thumb:

I agree, the kids are blessed and Tom is a first class guy and first class coach. The kids of Harlan are also blessed because THEY made many great choices to lead our kids of this county. I couldn't be more pleased with the three big sports coaches; Larkey, Jones, Lewis and then Nolan for girls and they seem to be great all the way down the line! :thumb:

 

:thumb:

I agree, the kids are blessed and Tom is a first class guy and first class coach. The kids of Harlan are also blessed because THEY made many great choices to lead our kids of this county. I couldn't be more pleased with the three big sports coaches; Larkey, Jones, Lewis and then Nolan for girls and they seem to be great all the way down the line! :thumb:

 

Absolutley correct! Both of my parents come from Harlan Co. and have went on to have great success in life, largely due to the coaches and teachers they had in high shool.These special people that teach youth not to accept being AVERAGE AT SPORTS OR LIFE ARE TRULY WHAT LEADERSHIP IS ALL ABOUT!!!! I am a Franklin County fan (have a son playing there,another who played there as well as myself, but still know that Harlan Co. is my heritage and will watch closely!!:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.