Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin/Danville/Wayne Scrimmages

Featured Replies

Wasn't able to attend tonight so I decided to ask you fine folks that may have made it.

Wasn't able to attend tonight so I decided to ask you fine folks that may have made it.

 

I would hate to think what the outcome was Hank. I am sure some fine soul like 4CHS can give us the lowdown. I like you were out in the alley with my friends and could not make the trip north. If the Hounds were within three scores then it was a good trip for the Pound. Otherwise, it might be a 6-6 season again against a so-so schedule for the Red and White.

It was actually pretty even. Wayne's first team O scored on Danville's first team D and Corbin's first team O scored on Danville first team D one time as well. Danville repaid the favor scoring on Wayne's first team D and Corbin's first team D. Danville then scored on Corbin's Jv D and the last part of the scrimmage Danville's first team D didnt allow Corbin's first team O to score or Wayne Co's first Team O. Danville's first team O then scored on Wayne's first team D but didnt score on Corbin first team D. All possesions were 10 plays each.

 

I thought the Ads started to look better near the end of the scimmage. They are running a very fun wide opened offense this year. This should be a good year for the Ads.

It was actually pretty even. Wayne's first team O scored on Danville's first team D and Corbin's first team O scored on Danville first team D one time as well. Danville repaid the favor scoring on Wayne's first team D and Corbin's first team D. Danville then scored on Corbin's Jv D and the last part of the scrimmage Danville's first team D didnt allow Corbin's first team O to score or Wayne Co's first Team O. Danville's first team O then scored on Wayne's first team D but didnt score on Corbin first team D. All possesions were 10 plays each.

 

I thought the Ads started to look better near the end of the scimmage. They are running a very fun wide opened offense this year. This should be a good year for the Ads.

 

 

Good news, sounds like Danville was the best overall team there......then a toss up between the Hounds and the Cards. Corbin had been at camp a couple days before, eating breakfasts three times a day ,as well as practicing all that the law will allow; so to speak. Seems all teams got something out of the work tonight.

Corbin looked very good against Danville and Wayne, Fritts, Watkins and Campbell ran hard and looked good. Corbin was much more physical than both Danville and Wayne, if Danville is the consenus #1 team in AA then Corbin is right there with them. Come November if the these two teams meet it should be a very interesting game.

  • Author

Thanks for the updates fellas. Sounds like it could be a fun year in Corbin and all of 2A ball. I'm ready to see them kick it off this year.

As a fan I don't like the scrimmage format that was used, or the three team scenerio. I am assuming that the coches are getting to evaluate their teams and thats what counts at this point. Danville is loaded with some good looking physical kids. They need to do some work on the interior D-line, and just get some reps with the new offense. When they get that offense going in rythum with the athletes they have, they will put up a lot of points this year. I think in a game situation scrimmage last night the ADS would have scored a lot more. Also the ADS first team defense looked much better the second round of the scrimmage.

All three teams are gonna be good. I saw the scrimmage and Danville has some great players and are gonna be tough. Corbin also looked good, very tough to run on. Wayne was the suprise as I thought they looked better than Danville or Corbin for 3/4 of the scrimmage. Wayne will need to add some depth, but they are gonna be a nice team also.

 

If I am Harp, I come away from that scrimmage with we need to do some work and get sharper.

Corbin looked very good running the ball.Manns played very well along with the offense of line. Corbins backs will be hard to handle this year defense played well.I thought Wayne looked good on both sides of the ball. Its early but all in all I think the coaches have to be pleased but with work to do.

Thin Thirty I would agree on your assessment. It seems Danville always starts a little sluggish on D but always seems to improve. They definitely improved on the second series of Number 1's. They are definitely more athletic than both Wayne and Corbin and should they meet Corbin in the playoffs, I like their chances.

Corbin was definitely the most physical team. They drove the ball down the throat of Danville for 60-70 yards in 8 plays on the first series. Double tight wishbone. IMPRESSIVE!!!. I also felt Wayne Co. held their own against both teams as well.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Could Wayne Co be a 3a darkhorse this year? Who is in there district?

If Wayne plays like they did last night against two top teams they will be more than a darkhorse. Wayne has to work on the depth. To win at a top level you have to have numbers.

  • Author

Who was the most impressive for Corbin and how did Freeman look at QB? Did they pass any?

Corbins line really surprised me. It looks to me like Corbin is going back to traditional Redhound football.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.