Sam Farmer reporting Favre to Bucs in next 48-72 hours

I want to see Farve only on Wrangler commercials...anything outside of that and a Packers uniform is dumb.
:thumb::thumb:

It's the Packers fault they wont be together!

Absolutely, I am Packers fan and will remian so. I am also a huge Favre fan and will pull for him no matter where he ends up. The Pack has a much better than average shot at the Super Bowl this season, swallowing pride and signing #4 for one more year/run would have been smart. Rodgers is good but lets face it, this is about winning and Brett Favre gives the Pack the best chance to win, that is a no brainer. Like how Favre handled this or not, the Pack just "fumbled" big time here and it (if true) may have just cost them a trip to the Super Bowl this season. JMO

Or Brett's because he retired after last season and put the Packers in a bad situation...he should stay retired.

I can also see this point as well. I, in a way also wish that he would stay retired if he is not coming back with the Packers. I know that the Packers were put in a bad situation and I am not sayng that they weren't. I just feel that the Pack has much more than a good chance at a super bowl this season and Favre is/was the best QB to get them there.

I can also see this point as well. I, in a way also wish that he would stay retired if he is not coming back with the Packers. I know that the Packers were put in a bad situation and I am not sayng that they weren't. I just feel that the Pack has much more than a good chance at a super bowl this season and Favre is/was the best QB to get them there.

The Packers wanted Favre to come back, even after he announced his retirement. He told them he might want to return and they said they'd fly a plane down to pick him up and do the press conference. He then decided against it and told them not to come. He backed out of coming back once, and that is when the Pack moved on.

I am not as big of a fan of Farve as I was Jordan...but I hated seeing Jordan in a Wizards jersey and the same will be true for Farve.

The Packers wanted Favre to come back, even after he announced his retirement. He told them he might want to return and they said they'd fly a plane down to pick him up and do the press conference. He then decided against it and told them not to come. He backed out of coming back once, and that is when the Pack moved on.

I said that I realized they (Packers) were put in a bad situatiuon. I also believe like I said it is about winning, Favre wanted to come back and the Packers have said no, they have moved on. I think that they made a mistake. Yes they extended an offer and Favre was not sure at the time and turned it down. The summer/July rolls around and the football player in him kicked in along with the desire. Favre imo should have handled it different,no doubt but is jmo that the Packers management fumbled this one, especially with the team they have coming back.

Another thing is that it will be interesting to see how the Pack owner/owners feel about this. Green Bay citizens/fan actually own the team, not an individual. I don't think that anyone has to guess if they would like to see #4 back. Green Bay has imo the best fan base in the NFL, those people will continue to support their Packers. I just think that there will be some uproar as well.

GO PACK!! and.......

GO BRETT FAVRE!! (wherever he ends up)

I am not as big of a fan of Farve as I was Jordan...but I hated seeing Jordan in a Wizards jersey and the same will be true for Farve.

:thumb: I agree, and I am a much bigger fan of Favre than Jordan. Another poster on another thread had said it would be kind of like seeing Montana in that Chiefs jersey. I agree with that.

As a Buc fan, I wouldn't like it if they did this, but just wondering ...

I can't find any NFL rule or policy that would prevent the Bucs from trading a 2nd rounder and Garcia to the Packers for Farve, then trading Farve to the Vikings for a 1st round pick.

As a Buc fan, I wouldn't like it if they did this, but just wondering ...

I can't find any NFL rule or policy that would prevent the Bucs from trading a 2nd rounder and Garcia to the Packers for Farve, then trading Farve to the Vikings for a 1st round pick.

I'm not sure if that would be legal or not. But I doubt any team is going to give up a 1st round pick for a guy who might not play more than one more year.

But then again, the Skins gave up a 2nd and a 6th for a guy who has repeatedly said that this will be his last year, so who knows.

I said that I realized they (Packers) were put in a bad situatiuon. I also believe like I said it is about winning, Favre wanted to come back and the Packers have said no, they have moved on. I think that they made a mistake. Yes they extended an offer and Favre was not sure at the time and turned it down. The summer/July rolls around and the football player in him kicked in along with the desire. Favre imo should have handled it different,no doubt but is jmo that the Packers management fumbled this one, especially with the team they have coming back.

Another thing is that it will be interesting to see how the Pack owner/owners feel about this. Green Bay citizens/fan actually own the team, not an individual. I don't think that anyone has to guess if they would like to see #4 back. Green Bay has imo the best fan base in the NFL, those people will continue to support their Packers. I just think that there will be some uproar as well.

GO PACK!! and.......

GO BRETT FAVRE!! (wherever he ends up)

Not sure how. They wanted him back and offered to take him back but he backed out. They had to move on from that point. They drafted based on Brett Favre being retired. Favre fumbled this one...