Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Your?

Featured Replies

High School's Volleyball team be playing in the Bluegrass State Games . I found out tonight that NCC's will participate . Who else will be there ?

  • Author

Always a good time at the Bluegrass Games !!!!!

  • Author

Well this is going to be a boring varsity High School volleyball tournament at the Bluegrass Games with only two teams entered !!! Come on Volleyball fans will your team be in it ?

Well this is going to be a boring varsity High School volleyball tournament at the Bluegrass Games with only two teams entered !!! Come on Volleyball fans will your team be in it ?

 

Yeah. I can't imagine this actually happening, but it sure would be a shame if the tournament is cancelled because too few teams registered. I know our girls are really looking forward to staying on UK's campus and playing in the tourney. I just hope there are enough teams to put on a quality tournament.

Yeah. I can't imagine this actually happening, but it sure would be a shame if the tournament is cancelled because too few teams registered. I know our girls are really looking forward to staying on UK's campus and playing in the tourney. I just hope there are enough teams to put on a quality tournament.

 

:thumb:Sounds like a very nice experience for the kids. I t is a shame some schools just don't let their kids see what it's like to go away like this and spend valuable with their teammates at various camps and tournaments.

:thumb:Sounds like a very nice experience for the kids. I t is a shame some schools just don't let their kids see what it's like to go away like this and spend valuable with their teammates at various camps and tournaments.

 

 

Yep. I know where you are coming from on this subject and I agree wholeheartedly. IMO, the reward of exposing athletes to opportunities to play outside the region far outweigh the risks involved. From this trip alone, our girls will get to tour a college campus, get a chance to see what "dorm living" is all about, be able to bond with their teammates in a way that is not possible by practice alone, and be exposed some quality teams that we normally wouldn't be able to play against. Sounds like a win-win to me. :thumb:

I'm pretty sure Holy Cross is going to the tournament.

Isnt there some kind of limit as the the number of scrimmages, games and tournaments high schools can sign up for? I dont know much about this but was always told that there was.

 

If this is true, how does attending the Bluegrass games fit into this? Do teams have to give up a tournament down the road in order to go to the games?

  • Author
Isnt there some kind of limit as the the number of scrimmages, games and tournaments high schools can sign up for? I dont know much about this but was always told that there was.

 

If this is true, how does attending the Bluegrass games fit into this? Do teams have to give up a tournament down the road in order to go to the games?

Don't know . I'd say that this is a good question for a knowledgeable coach . Maybe because the season hasn't started yet The Games are considered scrimmages .

Per the Bluegrass Games website:

 

KHSAA has previously ruled that volleyball is not subject to the scrimmage limitations and coaching restrictions. High school teams together with their coach(es) may participate in the BGSG and play shall not count against the two scrimmage limitation.

  • Author
Per the Bluegrass Games website:

 

KHSAA has previously ruled that volleyball is not subject to the scrimmage limitations and coaching restrictions. High school teams together with their coach(es) may participate in the BGSG and play shall not count against the two scrimmage limitation.

That explains it . Thanks for the Info!!!

So far we have NCC, Newport, Holy Cross and I think Dixie is playing. I looked up the results from last year's tournament and it looks like Butler, Ryle and Henry Clay participated as well as teams coached by James Cox, Robyn Hetman and Meghan Bottom (listed by coach not school).

Per the Bluegrass Games website:

 

KHSAA has previously ruled that volleyball is not subject to the scrimmage limitations and coaching restrictions. High school teams together with their coach(es) may participate in the BGSG and play shall not count against the two scrimmage limitation.

 

That IS good to know!

Prestonsburg will have a JV team at the games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.