Will Your?

Well this is going to be a boring varsity High School volleyball tournament at the Bluegrass Games with only two teams entered !!! Come on Volleyball fans will your team be in it ?

Yeah. I can't imagine this actually happening, but it sure would be a shame if the tournament is cancelled because too few teams registered. I know our girls are really looking forward to staying on UK's campus and playing in the tourney. I just hope there are enough teams to put on a quality tournament.

Yeah. I can't imagine this actually happening, but it sure would be a shame if the tournament is cancelled because too few teams registered. I know our girls are really looking forward to staying on UK's campus and playing in the tourney. I just hope there are enough teams to put on a quality tournament.

:thumb:Sounds like a very nice experience for the kids. I t is a shame some schools just don't let their kids see what it's like to go away like this and spend valuable with their teammates at various camps and tournaments.

:thumb:Sounds like a very nice experience for the kids. I t is a shame some schools just don't let their kids see what it's like to go away like this and spend valuable with their teammates at various camps and tournaments.

Yep. I know where you are coming from on this subject and I agree wholeheartedly. IMO, the reward of exposing athletes to opportunities to play outside the region far outweigh the risks involved. From this trip alone, our girls will get to tour a college campus, get a chance to see what "dorm living" is all about, be able to bond with their teammates in a way that is not possible by practice alone, and be exposed some quality teams that we normally wouldn't be able to play against. Sounds like a win-win to me. :thumb:

Isnt there some kind of limit as the the number of scrimmages, games and tournaments high schools can sign up for? I dont know much about this but was always told that there was.

If this is true, how does attending the Bluegrass games fit into this? Do teams have to give up a tournament down the road in order to go to the games?

Isnt there some kind of limit as the the number of scrimmages, games and tournaments high schools can sign up for? I dont know much about this but was always told that there was.

If this is true, how does attending the Bluegrass games fit into this? Do teams have to give up a tournament down the road in order to go to the games?

Don't know . I'd say that this is a good question for a knowledgeable coach . Maybe because the season hasn't started yet The Games are considered scrimmages .

Per the Bluegrass Games website:

KHSAA has previously ruled that volleyball is not subject to the scrimmage limitations and coaching restrictions. High school teams together with their coach(es) may participate in the BGSG and play shall not count against the two scrimmage limitation.

KHSAA has previously ruled that volleyball is not subject to the scrimmage limitations and coaching restrictions. High school teams together with their coach(es) may participate in the BGSG and play shall not count against the two scrimmage limitation.

That explains it . Thanks for the Info!!!

So far we have NCC, Newport, Holy Cross and I think Dixie is playing. I looked up the results from last year's tournament and it looks like Butler, Ryle and Henry Clay participated as well as teams coached by James Cox, Robyn Hetman and Meghan Bottom (listed by coach not school).

That IS good to know!