Let's hear some more about Highlands football please...

OK, I'm a little concerned about the fact that there hasn't been much talk about Highlands football in the past week. Is the team finished with their "dead period" and back practicing? The last HHS thing I read on BGP was Highlands playing Trinity in 7 on 7... are these passing contests still going on? If so, who has HHS been playing?

What happens between now and the two preseason scrimmages? Is HHS scrimmaging Beechwood and Male again this year?

Also, is there any reason why the KHSAA doesn't list Highlands' game against Cincy Colerain for week two? Is this not a done deal yet?

Season Maybe but H will have a playoff loss in 2008.

I don't think so. The only challenge will come from Ohio power Colerain. I see the Bird's running the table in KY once again this year!

I also think that Highlands will very likely be beaten at some point this year. The Birds will most certainly be the underdogs heading into the Colerain game. And, the 'Birds will have tough games against a much-improved CovCath squad, a defending state champ LexCath team with a talented returning starting QB and a defending state champ Louisville Central team with a solid returning defense.

For sure, the Bluebirds' schedule in 2008 is tougher overall than it was in 2007... the question is: will the 'Birds be as solid in 2008 as they were in 2007???

Also, any word on future 7 on 7 contests or preseason scrimmage dates/opponents???

I, for one, will trade one or two regular-season losses for an 18th state title this year!!!!!!!!

"Next, on BLUEBIRDPreps.com, posters will discuss the following provocative topics going on in Caketown".....

1) What is the proper cooking temperature for hot dogs at the concession stand?

2) Should the school be moved for grandstand expansion?

3) How are cannon balls made?

4) Guess Your Best? How many blades of artificial turf are on the Highlands field?

"All this and much, much more on BLUEBIRDPreps.com".....

Highlands goes undefeated and wins yet another State Title. Good Luck!

Edited by CCFC

I also think that Highlands will very likely be beaten at some point this year. The Birds will most certainly be the underdogs heading into the Colerain game. And, the 'Birds will have tough games against a much-improved CovCath squad, a defending state champ LexCath team with a talented returning starting QB and a defending state champ Louisville Central team with a solid returning defense.

For sure, the Bluebirds' schedule in 2008 is tougher overall than it was in 2007... the question is: will the 'Birds be as solid in 2008 as they were in 2007???

Also, any word on future 7 on 7 contests or preseason scrimmage dates/opponents???

I, for one, will trade one or two regular-season losses for an 18th state title this year!!!!!!!!

JB you are absolutely correct with the assessment. They will be tough games. But with unbridled pre-season enthusiasm for HHS, I am yet to concede a loss to ANYONE! (but the Birds will have to bring their "A-game" to defeat these guys...and all the rest!).

"Next, on BLUEBIRDPreps.com, posters will discuss the following provocative topics going on in Caketown".....

4) Guess Your Best? How many blades of artificial turf are on the Highlands field?

At this point, do you really think the blades of turf-counting thread would be guessing? I'm sure it has been thoroughly discussed by now.

I enjoy the sarcasm and spunk in this post. At least the Bluebirds give Campbell County a chance at a state title year in and year out. Personally I do think they should move the school to expand the grandstand, just my opinion.

I enjoy the sarcasm and spunk in this post. At least the Bluebirds give Campbell County a chance at a state title year in and year out. Personally I do think they should move the school to expand the grandstand, just my opinion.

The Grandstand might be the smallest in NKY. That is something they need to definitely look into.

As far as Guru's prediction, as a Bird fan I am hoping they can win another state title but they will have a very tough regular season with much improved CCH, LexCath and Lou Central not to mention the CArds from Colerain.

One of my high school coaches once told me:

You really don't have to worry about it when people are talking about you, it's when they stop talking about you is when you have to worry. Well, we don't have to worry about that anytime soon do we!!!!!:p:D