Reds sign 16 year old top prospect?

LRCW

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing some more reading on Rodriguez and this is far from a done deal. He doesn't actually turn 16 until August and although it is rumored that he is happy with the Reds offer the Yankees are supposed to be upping the ante and there are rumblings that the Red Sox and Mets are going to go after him too. He can't sign with anyone until August so it could get interesting.

A little off the subject but did anyone see that the Reds actually offered Inoa more money than the A's but he signed with Oakland because of their superior track record developing young pitchers? That can't be good news for the Reds if they're willing to pay the money but the players dislike the management enough to take less--especially 16 year olds who you would think would be all about the bonus.

She'll start practicing it real soon. Probably won't play for 2 years or so...

Good call. At her age, she'll get more value out of playing baseball that will translate well to the softball field.

I was doing some more reading on Rodriguez and this is far from a done deal. He doesn't actually turn 16 until August and although it is rumored that he is happy with the Reds offer the Yankees are supposed to be upping the ante and there are rumblings that the Red Sox and Mets are going to go after him too. He can't sign with anyone until August so it could get interesting.

A little off the subject but did anyone see that the Reds actually offered Inoa more money than the A's but he signed with Oakland because of their superior track record developing young pitchers? That can't be good news for the Reds if they're willing to pay the money but the players dislike the management enough to take less--especially 16 year olds who you would think would be all about the bonus.

I had read or heard that it was only a rumor that the Reds offered more than the As.