Luke Maile

Just wondering as I seem to always do, as to whom has won the award twice from the Ninth Region, and has anyone won the award three times?

If they even had the award back in my day, I would think one Leo Foster of Cov Holmes could/would have won the award more than once, but I really don't know!

Congrats to Luke, and his Dad (Rich) and Mom (Laurie). Great ball player, and a great kid also.

I believe Doug Losey was a 2 time winner in 1980 and again in 1981. He was an outstanding Lefty Pitcher and First baseman for the Breds during those years.

Doug also was a member of several successful Storm Club summer league teams. He went on to pitch at EKU.

I believe Doug Losey was a 2 time winner in 1980 and again in 1981. He was an outstanding Lefty Pitcher and First baseman for the Breds during those years.

Doug also was a member of several successful Storm Club summer league teams. He went on to pitch at EKU.

He was the first varsity pitcher I ever hit against, I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was a sophomore in 81 and just called called up to the varsity Team. It was late in the game and Coach called my name to pinch hit. Here I was sitting there on the bench watching the best pitcher in the region, and back then it seemed like he was throwing about a 100mph. I jumped up like I really wanted to hit, well I kinda did but...I was a lefty myself, so I knew I was in trouble. I hit a little pop up to the 2nd baseman and was happy as a lark. The good thing was, after facing Doug, all the fear was gone. He was hands down the best pitcher I ever faced. Some others during my days were Stamm, and Atkins from Newport. Molitor and the late Robbie Claypool from Lloyd. There were plenty more, those are just the ones that come to mind.

Again, congrats to Luke. I suppose he may get 3 in a row?