Who will be MR. Football in 2008?

ROME

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillips and Finch IMO would have to be the favorites, Green from Male also has to be one of the front-runners.

I can't see either Bowling (South Laurel) or Lewis (Clay County) winning the award because of the level of competition they play and the fact their teams won't be able to compete for the state title in their respected classes. They also won't have the D-1 recruiting notoriety.

Others of note: Jordan Whiting LB Trinity, Mister Cobble DT Central, Leonard Macon WR Whoever is the latest school he wnats to play at

Phillips and Finch IMO would have to be the favorites, Green from Male also has to be one of the front-runners.

I can't see either Bowling (South Laurel) or Lewis (Clay County) winning the award because of the level of competition they play and the fact their teams won't be able to compete for the state title in their respected classes. They also won't have the D-1 recruiting notoriety.

Others of note: Jordan Whiting LB Trinity, Mister Cobble DT Central, Leonard Macon WR Whoever is the latest school he wnats to play at

I agree Phillips, Finch and Green do have a much better chance, but Bowling or Lewis could finish high if they were to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Look for Spencer Greer from Bell Co. to take some of the mountain votes from Lewis and Bowling.

Setting records brings notoriety. Since either Bowliing and/or Lewis could break some significant marks, I don't think you can count either out. I haven't seen Bowling but, while I like Lewis, I doubt he's the best player in the state.

Look for Spencer Greer from Bell Co. to take some of the mountain votes from Lewis and Bowling.

I'm not saying any of these mountain kids will win this thing, but the numbers Greer, Bowling, and Lewis will put up tey will be in the conversation.

Is Green kin to Scott Green for Male?

I don't know about Scott Green, but Justin is Marcus Green's brother. Marcus, a lineman, went on to play for Ohio State and for a few seasons in the NFL.

I'm not saying any of these mountain kids will win this thing, but the numbers Greer, Bowling, and Lewis will put up tey will be in the conversation.
Don't count out Josh Conner of Highlands. He is capable of putting up big numbers.