7th Region POY 7th Region COY

Congratulations to Saint Xavier's 1st baseman Kal Scheler for being named the Player of the Year in the 7th and to John Jefferson for being named Coach of the Year in 2008. It was announced at the St X banquet last night.

Hats off to both!

Congratulations to Saint Xavier's 1st baseman Kal Scheler for being named the Player of the Year in the 7th and to John Jefferson for being named Coach of the Year in 2008. It was announced at the St X banquet last night.

Hats off to both!

JR

Was impressed with St. X's pitching staff this year. What does next year look like and who will you have coming back. Thanks.....

JR

Was impressed with St. X's pitching staff this year. What does next year look like and who will you have coming back. Thanks.....

Coming back-Pitchers

Setembre, Sweeney, Grayson, and Golemboski

From the JV, I have heard Miller, Rizenbergs, Remmers, and Strothman, and Deuser.

Projected lineup for next year

Outfield

Spalding, Grayson, Sweeney, Scheler

Infield

Ferch, Schmeing, Johnston, and Brutscher

Catcher Pelham

DH or subs

Hewitt, Boeckman, Beavin

That's 18. Throw in Botner and Herbstreit and that makes 20.

Looking forward to taking on CAL!!

On serious note, Bullitt East is THE Team next year.

Congrats to Kal. I've known him his whole life and you cannot find a finer young man. Very deserving on and off the field and kudos to J & C for raising him so well-I know they are both extremely proud and should be. Looking forward to watching him play at Bellarmine. :thumb:

:dancingpa

Coming back-Pitchers

Setembre, Sweeney, Grayson, and Golemboski

From the JV, I have heard Miller, Rizenbergs, Remmers, and Strothman, and Deuser.

Projected lineup for next year

Outfield

Spalding, Grayson, Sweeney, Scheler

Infield

Ferch, Schmeing, Johnston, and Brutscher

Catcher Pelham

DH or subs

Hewitt, Boeckman, Beavin

That's 18. Throw in Botner and Herbstreit and that makes 20.

Looking forward to taking on CAL!!

On serious note, Bullitt East is THE Team next year.

I would include Matt Spalding as a potential pitcher next year. He may have more velocity than anyone who returns next year.

No, he's a SR. I wonder what his stats were for the year.

Batting average stats weren't given and he was down because of a hand injury and the St X schedule but the stat that won't show up is number of potential throwing errors saved by him. I can think of only 1 ball in two years that was thrown over and bounced that he didn't come up with a catch. That's not to say that errors weren't made on throws over his head or off the base but he will be sorely missed for his glove and his quick step off to make it appear that we got the runner.