St. Henry 2008/2009

The Crusaders have a great coach, but once again they have no height. I have read they have 3 returning starters who will be seniors which is good. But where do they go from there? The bench will be the key to there season. They need to have at least IMO 4 sophmores or Juniors to be contribute serious time and points. The juniors from last year or the 3 are the core if there was other juniors on last years team it seems they did not get alot of playing time except maybe Beiting. I'd stick with the core three get your juniors to be plenty of time early let them develop and be ready by the Class A and go into the new District which I believe they will do very well in. The major advantage the team has is Coach Faust he always seems to develop what he has and makes it all come together.

Wow not alot of St. Henry Fans this year.

I think they have a few nice seniors coming back in Speed, etc., and at least one good junior-to-be. Plus, with good coaching, I think it has been proven they can always upset other more talented teams.

Wow not alot of St. Henry Fans this year.

St. Henry will be St. Henry. Hard working boys with a great coach. Will they win the region. Doubtful....but they do have a lot of talent coming back. Cameron Speed is the leader who can score from the perimeter and does well going to the hoop. He also was one of the top 20 free throw shooters in the state for most of the season last year.

David Zumdick is a good swing forward who can also shoot the three and has very nice mid range jumper. He active on the glass and I would expect him to be the leading rebounder.

Joey Swikert is a nephew of coach faust who transferred from New Orleans last year. He was basically the 6th man last season as a Junior and gave them very good defensive minutes. He had a great second half of the year and scored more than double figures on more than one occasion. He the best defender they have.

Junior Bennie Bessler is the most athletic player on the Crusaders roster. He has amazing speed and energy. He jumps well and goes to the basket with authority. He will have to hit the boards hard for this team to succeed.

Junior Jake Hils is a promising PG for the next two seasons. I would expect to see him take the point for most of the time and then see Speed move to the SG position where he can score more. Hils isn't a scorer, yet, but he does a very nice job handling pressure and is a smart player.

Ryan Anderson is a player I see moving on to the Varsity roster full time next season. The junior is a sf/pf who can shoot the three consistantly. He is gotten much bigger in the offseason already and has good speed. They need a player like Ryan to hit the boards and be able to give 6-10ppg.

There are also a few other juniors and sophmores who have good potential and a chance to play on the varsity level, but the summer workouts and camps will only tell if they can play with the big boys.

Excellent hopefully you can update us if you can. I was talking to friends over the weekend who have sons at couple local high schools and a young mans name was brought up who goes there and I believe will be a junior. Don't want to mention his name but from what they were saying he is a very good player. But I did not see his name on your previous post. Maybe he does not go there anymore so curious to see what develops over the summer. Coach Faust always brings out the best in his players so maybe some other players will stand out too.

I think they have a few nice seniors coming back in Speed, etc., and at least one good junior-to-be. Plus, with good coaching, I think it has been proven they can always upset other more talented teams.

They'll be good as always, but I look for them to be worse this year than last.

Is St. Henry playing in any summer leagues or have any other camps or games scheduled? Do any of their current players play any AAU ball? This could help them become a team alot quicker if some of them are playing together over the summer.