Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 10 East Carter 8

Featured Replies

He is also from Greenup Co. which may play a role in your opinion of him.

 

And what do you mean by that?

I don't see were it was a upset.[/QU

 

How could you not say this was a upset. I am not a East Carter or Russell fan, I was there for the second game. But I can honestly say that East Carter and Greenup should have been in the championship game. East is by far a better team than Russell. I think that East Carter can play Greenup a little better than Russell. The District chapionship game was a joke, I actually felt sorry for Russell on that night. The Regional championship game Russell came out playing a little better, but was still a mercy for Russell.

If you are referring to the umpire I am thinking you are, he has umpired for over 30 years and if I not mistaken he finished the number 1 ranked umpire in the region.

Check out today's ADI, the picture of the runner going to 3rd and called safe was made by your #1 umpire, along with a huge fair/foul call in the title game. The picture says it all.

Check out today's ADI, the picture of the runner going to 3rd and called safe was made by your #1 umpire, along with a huge fair/foul call in the title game. The picture says it all.

 

I am not on here to agree or disagree with the call at third or the foul ball call. I am here to say that there are a couple of umpires that should NEVER be the umpires in a post-season Greenup Co. baseball game. Not because they are not capable or competent, but because they have close ties to the program, and no matter how well they call the game, there will always be that doubt in the back of some peoples' minds. That goes for any other umpire with close ties to other programs as well. There are plenty of other umpires that could be called in to do those games, so people would not have anything to whine about...well at least not THAT thing. :D

 

I will say that the calls, right or wrong, didn't affect the outcome of the tournament. The Muskies were the superior team in the 16th Region. :thumb:

I am not on here to agree or disagree with the call at third or the foul ball call. I am here to say that there are a couple of umpires that should NEVER be the umpires in a post-season Greenup Co. baseball game. Not because they are not capable or competent, but because they have close ties to the program, and no matter how well they call the game, there will always be that doubt in the back of some peoples' minds. That goes for any other umpire with close ties to other programs as well. There are plenty of other umpires that could be called in to do those games, so people would not have anything to whine about...well at least not THAT thing. :D

 

I will say that the calls, right or wrong, didn't affect the outcome of the tournament. The Muskies were the superior team in the 16th Region. :thumb:

 

They definitely were! Good luck to the muskies in semi-state 8.

I don't see were it was a upset.[/QU

 

How could you not say this was a upset. I am not a East Carter or Russell fan, I was there for the second game. But I can honestly say that East Carter and Greenup should have been in the championship game. East is by far a better team than Russell. I think that East Carter can play Greenup a little better than Russell. The District chapionship game was a joke, I actually felt sorry for Russell on that night. The Regional championship game Russell came out playing a little better, but was still a mercy for Russell.

 

Greenup 11 Russell 1

Greenup 13 East 2

They already played and it wasn't any closer.

Check out today's ADI, the picture of the runner going to 3rd and called safe was made by your #1 umpire, along with a huge fair/foul call in the title game. The picture says it all.

 

I don't rank the umpires, I would assume that is done by coaches and assigning secretary.

Let's get back to Russell and East Carter, conversation.

I have watched a few Russell games over the season. At the first of the year, I would have never thought they would have made it to the regional let alone end up in the championship game. They have come a long way! I was very proud of them. Yes, Greenup may have mercy ruled them but they have nothing to hang their heads for. They ended up with a great season! And by the way, I am not a Russell fan. I am a fan of another school in BOYD county.

As a Russell baseball dad I am very pleased with the direction coach Martino has the program going. I watched some of the younger players this weekend play in a tournament. Coach Martino has some talent coming up. I would hope we could do a better job of supporting some summer baseball here in Russell. We are very close to where the program should be. Great finish!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.