General Golfing Tips

Panther091

Well I played 18 holes with my friend today. The first thing he did was put vasoline on my club face and that actually worked wonders! I also addressed the ball with the face/head closed and picked up on a few other tips like that. I shot 110 so obviously there is a lot more to learn, haha. I think I have the drive down pat, it's just my short game that killed me. At least I dont think I'll be made fun of too bad. The father-in-law will find pleasure in helping me out so I should survive the day. Unfortunately the dad in-law is a stiff and doesn't drink but thanks for the beer advice as well as all other tips. I wont have a chance to practice again until showtime but I certainly welcome more tips as I will still have access to the web. I'll let everyone know how it goes!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a bunch, my far away friend. I wish I was there on the "Ranch" teeing it up with you. When you get down here you make sure to let me know ahead of time so I can take days off. I do get to play quite a bit just not as much as I like to. In St Thomas (Mahogany Run) was the thrill course.

Check out their web site they have a lefty in the pic's

http://www.mahoganyrungolf.com/

Also played in Nassau Bahamas. We will tee it up again my friend. We will invite Slink if he's up to it. Slink, I have my name on a plaque at the club house.

Playing golf in the Bahamas, rough! haha Sounds like a plan brother. We can get Slink out with us as well.

Thanks bro I have this same problem. I will try that next time I am at the "goat ranch."

Just an FYI LTW turned himself into a great golfer after never really playing, he is one of the best I've seen in the Lake Cumberland area. LTW you get to play much in FL or the other crazy places you travel?

You're not talking about Sundowner, are you? I love that place.

Is it bad when your golf average and your bowling average are roughly the same? Especially since I am a 180 average bowler.:creepy:

Thanks a bunch, my far away friend. I wish I was there on the "Ranch" teeing it up with you. When you get down here you make sure to let me know ahead of time so I can take days off. I do get to play quite a bit just not as much as I like to. In St Thomas (Mahogany Run) was the thrill course.

Check out their web site they have a lefty in the pic's

http://www.mahoganyrungolf.com/

Also played in Nassau Bahamas. We will tee it up again my friend. We will invite Slink if he's up to it. Slink, I have my name on a plaque at the club house.

I have my name on one, too. Most balls lost. :jump: :p

Well I played 18 holes with my friend today. The first thing he did was put vasoline on my club face and that actually worked wonders! I also addressed the ball with the face/head closed and picked up on a few other tips like that. I shot 110 so obviously there is a lot more to learn, haha. I think I have the drive down pat, it's just my short game that killed me. At least I dont think I'll be made fun of too bad. The father-in-law will find pleasure in helping me out so I should survive the day. Unfortunately the dad in-law is a stiff and doesn't drink but thanks for the beer advice as well as all other tips. I wont have a chance to practice again until showtime but I certainly welcome more tips as I will still have access to the web. I'll let everyone know how it goes!!

For a quick fix, put some chapstick on the club face. ;)

:D

I survived the trip, it wasn't pretty but it was a lot of fun. Thanks to all the BGP's that left tips and advice!

Glad you had a good time. IMO, it's hard not to have fun when playing golf unless you play with someone who is just too serious about it.

:D

Glad you had a good time. IMO, it's hard not to have fun when playing golf unless you play with someone who is just too serious about it.

That's true and the crowd that I was with was very relaxed and fun to be around. They were glad to give me helpful advice without coming across as rude and very encouraging. In fact I've already made plans to go again this upcoming Sunday. I'm not sure but I may be addicted to the game! :jump: