Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble Co 2008/2009

Featured Replies

What does Trimble Co. need to do to improve in 2008/2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Trimble County has an opportunity to be as good as they have been in the past few years. Trimble will return five players who started most of the season led by Christian Courtney who averaged 12 ppg and Larry Sullivan who averaged 10 ppg. Also returning will be Aaron Law (10.0), Cody Kidwell (7 ppg) and Cory Turner (5 ppg). This is a group of kids who has improved a great deal since their freshmen year and could have possibly won 15 games this year if they would have been able to win some close early games. The key will be the development of the bench. If Trimble can get some bench play, they could really be the suprise team in the region.

In covering the 8th Region for 3+ years now, Trimble County has really shown marked improvement since Coach Lauster has been at the helm.

 

I really look for them to make some noise this year, especially around the All "A" tourney.

I think that TC should fair well the returning junior class is awesome from what I saw last year, they have some very strong underclassmen who should be developed thru the JV program before they are thrown into the Varsity arena one huge mistake TC makes every year is bringing up younger (8th graders/9th graders) that truly are not fundamentally or even mentally prepared for the JV much less the varsity level competition, but I do wish Coach Lauster and the Raiders the best.

I think that TC should fair well the returning junior class is awesome from what i saw last year, they have some very strong underclassmen who should be developed thru the JV program before they are thrown into the Varsity arena one huge mistake TC makes every year is bringing up younger (8th graders/9th graders) that truly are not fundamentally or even mentally prepared for the JV much less the varsity level competition, but i do wish Coach Lauster and the Raiders the best.

 

At a Class "A" school, Coaches often don't really have much of a choice on pulling kids up. When you are lucky to pull three or four kids per grade level that play it truely turns into a number game not in your favor.

At a Class "A" school, Coaches often don't really have much of a choice on pulling kids up. When you are lucky to pull three or four kids per grade level that play it truely turns into a number game not in your favor.
I do understand that numbers thing but not the case here. I am mostly speaking of 8th graders who could'nt compete in their Middle school games, playing freshman ball over more talented Freshman. And certain 8th and 9th graders playing JV and Varsity ball over more talented freshman, sophomores and even juniors.:thumb:
I do understand that numbers thing but not the case here. I am mostly speaking of 8th graders who could'nt compete in their Middle school games, playing freshman ball over more talented Freshman. And certain 8th and 9th graders playing JV and Varsity ball over more talented freshman, sophomores and even juniors.:thumb:

 

I would disagree with that being the case here. The 8th graders that were pulled up and utilized WERE fundamentally stronger then the 9th graders and some of the 10th graders. None of them played varsity, though Coach Lauster likes rewarding hardwork in practice by allowing a non-varsity player to dress and warm up and sometimes get a few seconds in a varsity game.

 

With that being said, add in the strong 9th graders from last year, with the 8th graders that got experience, I see great development this year within both the 9th and JV teams.

 

And...since we really utilize these threads to talk about the varsity team, I guess I should do so! I believe that this will be a good year for the Raiders. They will be senior led, with much starting experience under their belt. Law, Turner, Courtney, Sullivan, and Kidwell are all quality players. I would love to see Courtney develop over the summer into a strong post player, one that is confident and not so meek. He has the build that would allow him to dominate the inside game. He just needs to develop that mentally! If he does, the Raiders will be QUITE competitive!

Just curious is TC attending any Summer camps this year if so when and where?

So lets get TC on the board here any thing to look at this season.:thumb:

Pegasus Sports covers the Oldham County schools and I see Trimble County a lot. I've been VERY impressed by Coach Lauster and what he's done with the program. Reminds me a bit of how Jim Hurst coached the team in the 80s...both have taken the available talent and created a team that is greater than the "sum of its parts."

 

I really like the Law kid. I have yet to see a game where he didn't leave it all on the floor.

 

Trimble should be very competitive in the all-A this season.

 

In the 29th District, it may be more difficult. I don't think the Raiders match up physically / athletically with North Oldham very well. Advancing to the region may be contingent on TC knocking off either South Oldham or Oldham County during the season to finish as either the 2 or 3 seed in the 29th district tournament. A first round district matchup with North is probably undesirable.

 

Of course, this is what I see NOW...things can change over the course of a season, and I'm very impressed with the rapid improvement in Bedford. And tournaments are always rife with surprises, anyway!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.