Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bardstown 57 Adair Co. 44

Featured Replies

Bardstown picks up a nice upset win over the top team in the 5th Region. The Tigers took control with a 7-0 run to finish out the third quarter.

 

Corey Hall had 22 points and six three-pointers, and each one of them seemed to come at a key juncture.

 

Darren Ballou had 18 points, but really struggled to hit shots all night. Bardstown did a nice job hassling him on jumpers.

 

I had a feeling Bardstown had a chance to contend for the region, and this win would seem to prove it. The Tigers can really go into postseason on a high note of confidence if they can win at North Hardin on Friday.

Bardstown played as a team and looked for the open man and it paid off tonight. If they keep this up they have a good chance to make some noise come tournament time. Jordan Hickman continued his all around game by scoring in double figures and dishing out assist and rebounding during the game. Corey Hall was hot tonight and if he keeps hitting this way Bardstown will be hard to stop in the 5th region.

Not totally surprised by the win, but the 13 point difference is a little bit of a shocker.

I picked Adair County as my BGP Sweet 16 choice to win the 5th. After tonight, I don't know.

  • Author
Not totally surprised by the win, but the 13 point difference is a little bit of a shocker.

I picked Adair County as my BGP Sweet 16 choice to win the 5th. After tonight, I don't know.

 

I think you'd still have to look at Adair as the favorite, but I think Bardstown, Central Hardin and North Hardin could also win it. There are a handful of other teams capable of knocking any of the above off in a one-game shot in the region. The uncertainty will make the drive to Hart Co. a lot more bearable.

All the credit in the world to Bardstown. They played better all night and deserved the win. Hall was CLUTCH all night with all six of his three pointers coming at key points in the game.

 

The Indians just ran into a buzzsaw tonight with it being Senior Night and Homecoming at Bardstown...I am not sure the Spurs could have beaten the Tigers tonight. Adair had two huge scoreless spans of 9 minutes and over five minutes with the 9:00 stint coming after they had cut the Tiger lead to three in midway through the third quarter.

 

Good win for Bardstown, now can they do it when it counts. In looking at their season thus far, they were only 8-5 away from home and on neutral courts. So things may not come as easy at Hart Co. in the 5th Region tournament.

  • Author
All the credit in the world to Bardstown. They played better all night and deserved the win. Hall was CLUTCH all night with all six of his three pointers coming at key points in the game.

 

The Indians just ran into a buzzsaw tonight with it being Senior Night and Homecoming at Bardstown...I am not sure the Spurs could have beaten the Tigers tonight. Adair had two huge scoreless spans of 9 minutes and over five minutes with the 9:00 stint coming after they had cut the Tiger lead to three in midway through the third quarter.

 

Good win for Bardstown, now can they do it when it counts. In looking at their season thus far, they were only 8-5 away from home and on neutral courts. So things may not come as easy at Hart Co. in the 5th Region tournament.

 

I wasn't sure the exact record, but I was thinking to myself they were a good bit better at home. Good point.

I was impressed with Bardstown's athleticism in the All A Classic ... they're a dangerous team for just about anybody.

Bardstown lost 2 games in Christmas Tourney at Franklin Simpson, 2 to hometown rival Nelson County and 1 to Paintsville in the All A. They were in every game with the chance to win in the 4th but just fell short with a mistake to cost them the game. The good thing is they are playing better after the Nelson loss and have differant leading scorers so teams can't focus on one player. Keep up the good work and keep your focus to make a huge run to the end of the season.

A little surprised by this score but congrats to Bardstown. Being a 9th region fan, I've started following the 5th a little closer since the pairings came out for the state tournament.

  • Author
Bardstown lost 2 games in Christmas Tourney at Franklin Simpson, 2 to hometown rival Nelson County and 1 to Paintsville in the All A. They were in every game with the chance to win in the 4th but just fell short with a mistake to cost them the game. The good thing is they are playing better after the Nelson loss and have differant leading scorers so teams can't focus on one player. Keep up the good work and keep your focus to make a huge run to the end of the season.

 

That's a real good point. Hickman has emerged as the clear best player on the team, mostly because he's shown a great willingness to dish it off and set up his teammates when teams are focused on stopping his scoring. And he's a really good passer.

Adair Co. has three or four really solid players but absolutely no depth. If they had a few more kids who could play they would be top 10.

Bardstown will get a real good chance to prove it can win on the road with a game Friday at North Hardin. If teams focus on Hickman, Hall and D Phillips will get open shots and if you leave Hall open he will hit majority of his shots. If teams focus on Hall, Hickman will either shoot or slash to the basket and cause matchup problems for alot of teams. When Hickman slashes to the basket it forces other teams bigs to help and he has the ability to find the open man in the air or shoot left-handed over the top.

After watching the game and thinking about it a while, I think that the biggest difference in the game came when Adair could not score and Bardstown built their lead Adair had to come out of the matchup zone they were playing. The zone helped to neutralize the athletic advantage of B-town. When AC had to go man to man, Ballou was pulled out on the floor, which in turn set up big time matchup problems for Adair and weakened their rebounding ability. If these teams meet again, it will be interesting to see the adjustments the coaches will make.

 

Like I said before, Bardstown outplayed and outworked the Indians all night and deserved the win. I have seen every team in the 5th play this season, and even though I am a self admitted Adair homer, I really think that if Adair plays to their ability they should repeat to Rupp.

 

I think the winner of the 5th will come from either Adair, Bardstown, or Central Hardin. North Hardin and Taylor Co. has an outside chance, but things will have to go their way to get there. I just hope that the experience of "been there, done that" will help Adair on the big stage at tournament.

Not totally surprised by the win, but the 13 point difference is a little bit of a shocker.

I picked Adair County as my BGP Sweet 16 choice to win the 5th. After tonight, I don't know.

 

Bardstown was my pick to win the 5th, Maybe I wasn't dreaming after all.:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.