2008/09 Top Teams

Who will be the top teams in 08/09??

Elliott returns all five starters

Boone County returns a lot of sophs and frosh

Franklin County returns its entire line-up

Hazard only has one senior this year

Scott County loses Lee, Hundley, and Portwood, but returns Phares.

Lex Cath loses everyone except Sanford, but just re-loads.

Seneca beat Lou. Male and has a very young team that should be vastly improved next year.

Rose Hill returns Euton, Jackson, and Barber.

Mason County loses Miller and Setty, but returns Middleton.

Bryan Station loses Mack and I'm not sure who else??

Ballard, Male, PRP always seem in the discussion every year.

What other teams return their top 4-7 players??

Teams like Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Ballard, Male, and PRP seem to be in the top year after year. They can lose five players and the next year it seems they have five more just like the ones who left. And as always we will probably see some kids emerge in the Sweet 16 at Rupp that we never heard of.

Teams like Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Ballard, Male, and PRP seem to be in the top year after year. They can lose five players and the next year it seems they have five more just like the ones who left. And as always we will probably see some kids emerge in the Sweet 16 at Rupp that we never heard of.

Lex. Cath. has Sanford AND Botkin returning. After that though, not any players with a lot of varsity experience, but I understand they have some good young players.

Camels are only losing 4 players: A. Franzen, Parks, Eten and Copley. With a promising group of freshman and sophomores who will be soph and juniors next year I don't see the camels misssing a beat. I believe they will be top 3 in the 10th and a team you won't want to play.

I agree that Mason will still be a force. Treg Setty is a great player, he'll pick up where his brother and Darius left off. Look out for him and Middleton next year.

Camels are only losing 4 players: A. Franzen, Parks, Eten and Copley. With a promising group of freshman and sophomores who will be soph and juniors next year I don't see the camels misssing a beat. I believe they will be top 3 in the 10th and a team you won't want to play.

I agree that Mason will still be a force. Treg Setty is a great player, he'll pick up where his brother and Darius left off. Look out for him and Middleton next year.

Along with Pawsat. :p

I read about teams from the 7th region. I see the usual suspects mentioned, Ballard, Male, J'town and someone even mentioned Seneca. I think that it would be unwise for any of those teams to dismiss Eastern. They are currently 21-4 and have beaten all the teams previously mentioned. I know that you are talking about next year and Eastern starts 4 seniors. But, they have an above average JV team and a Freshman team that is undefeated. Their closest game was their 2nd win over Ballard.(Beat them by 40 their first meeting) Eastern has won 20+ the last 3 years. The will be serious contenders for years to come.