Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What players from your area are looking/committed to DIII schools?

Featured Replies

Just curious... I love DIII football and commend anyone willing to play at that level simply for the love of the game.

  • Author
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

 

Centre 6 Harvard 0... 1921

Centre is an awesome school. My son is having a great time there both in the classroom and on the football field.

Just curious... I love DIII football and commend anyone willing to play at that level simply for the love of the game.

 

My son has been approached by a number of D1 schools to play football. In some cases just because a kid is playing DIII doesn't mean he's not able or have the ability to play D1. My son has chosen to play DIII simple because of the education. In any college, you go for the education. How many kids go on to play in the pros? Not many......

Centre 6 Harvard 0... 1921

 

How can someone that is 2 counties away not know that. :laugh:

 

 

I grew up in Danville on that story. I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned more when Appy State beat Michigan because that's the thing I thought of right away. :thumb:

  • Author
My son has been approached by a number of D1 schools to play football. In some cases just because a kid is playing DIII doesn't mean he's not able or have the ability to play D1. My son has chosen to play DIII simple because of the education. In any college, you go for the education. How many kids go on to play in the pros? Not many......

 

Couldn't agree more! There are great academic schools in the country that are not DI, II or NAIA. In my opinion, outside of the Ivy League, these schools offer the best education in the country (a lot of times at a more personal level than Ivy League due to smaller class size).

  • Author
How can someone that is 2 counties away not know that. :laugh:

 

 

I grew up in Danville on that story. I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned more when Appy State beat Michigan because that's the thing I thought of right away. :thumb:

 

I watched the game on the Big 10 network with a friend of mine, both Centre grads, and they did mention that it would be the biggest upset since C6H0 towards the end of the game.

I know several kids from Louisville DeSales are looking at some DIII schools. I could not agree more that education prevails when deciding, not whether DI or DII

Althought some kids/parents want the big head of stating that they/my kid plays at a D1 college. Sure, like I stated before my boy has the opportunity to play bigger, does he want.......no, he likes the small school for the education. He realizes the education is his future.......not football. I/he does not have that ego to pursue a D1 college.

Just look at Centres conference.

Sewanee (TN)

Millsaps (MS)

Trinity (TX) they had the 16 play lateral that was all over ESPN and one of the most beautiful campuses and sports complexes you will see. Both its baseball and football facilities are (or used to be) training camps for professional team

Rhodes College (TN)

Hendrix, Depauw, Oglethorpe.....some great schools

Problem with DIII is the colleges are so expensive, alot of kids I know who could stand out here, end up going to state schools and doing nothing.

Problem with DIII is the colleges are so expensive, alot of kids I know who could stand out here, end up going to state schools and doing nothing.

 

That's a great point! I know I had some debt coming out of DIII, however, it was all worth it in the end. Most of these schools do offer great financial packages and grants as well. Playing football was just a bonus!

  • Author
That's a great point! I know I had some debt coming out of DIII, however, it was all worth it in the end. Most of these schools do offer great financial packages and grants as well. Playing football was just a bonus!

 

Agreed! Well worth the investment! :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.