January 17, 200818 yr Did he get thrown out because it was an obvious attempt to hit Paulus. Did he connect at least?
January 17, 200818 yr I actually think this was good for Duke. They don't play nearly as good as they can, Paulus has a terrible game until the end, lose the lead late in the game on the road.. yet they found a way to pull out the tough conference game. Last year they would have definitely lost this game.
January 17, 200818 yr Author I just meant you are lucky in regards to how everything has played out since Coach K got there. As much as I loathe Duke, you have to credit they way they handle themselves on and off the court. Just a quality program, coaching staff and usually quality kids. I know...I was being silly in regards to the odd way that I "selected" Duke to be my favorite team.
January 17, 200818 yr Author Did he connect at least? No...and no...I really don't know what it was...he wasn't going for anything intentional, IMO. Who knows, it really was "goofy" at best.
January 17, 200818 yr Author I actually think this was good for Duke. They don't play nearly as good as they can, Paulus has a terrible game until the end, lose the lead late in the game on the road.. yet they found a way to pull out the tough conference game. Last year they would have definitely lost this game. You're right....they don't have a killer attitude, and I think that's because they haven't had the ability since the bulk of these kids arrived on campus. That said, it's on Coach K, to get that attitude back into these boys. I really think they are under achieving at this point. They are still feeling each other out, and they need to figure it out soon. Duke is OK at best. Will they make the tourney? Sure, but that's not going to be good enough. This year, I look for some bright points, and for some dismal points, I look for a Sweet 16 at best. They still don't have the leadership that can "show" how to win a game, when you shouldn't. Maybe tonight can be Step 1 in that process.
January 17, 200818 yr You mean: Duke wins : 2 possible thread starters Duke loses: 492 people who think that Duke is a rival starters I don't consider Duke a rival. I may be in the minority, though.
January 17, 200818 yr I don't consider Duke a rival. I may be in the minority, though. Me either, I just don't like 'em.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.