North Laurel 52 Perry County Central 51

NL wins on a Nick Shannon 3 a the buzzer. NL was up by 12 in the first half, but PCC battled back in the third to make it a close one. Interesting fact: NL did not shoot a FT in the second half. Could be the first time I've ever seen that.

PCC's coach showed a lack of class by not shaking hands after the game.

NL wins on a Nick Shannon 3 a the buzzer. NL was up by 12 in the first half, but PCC battled back in the third to make it a close one. Interesting fact: NL did not shoot a FT in the second half. Could be the first time I've ever seen that.

PCC's coach showed a lack of class by not shaking hands after the game.[/QUOTE]

That is classless.

I seen the not hand shaking at the Red Bird/Lynn Camp game tonight, Red Bird won and the coaching staff and several players headed to the locker room..

This SHannon kid is pretty good, I got to see him play last year, I think NL is a very fun team to watch, Sediel and Shannon are both VERY good players.

I guess I would of felt pretty bad too to give up the lead with 5 seconds to go with a foul to give and let them come the length of the court and shoot a wide open 3 without fouling them. Not a very good coaching strategy not to use the foul to give to your advantage.

Player was told to foul and it was not executed properly which can happen in dealing with high school kids.

Saw the game, Coach Hatcher knows his stuff might be the best coach in the state with over 700 wins hard to think he isn't in the top 5 anyway. The not shaking hands thing was because he was so mad at his team because he told his kids to foul and they did not, he was fustrated and he was at the end of the bench when shaking hands took place. He did shake the assitant coaches hand, I saw it I think NL head coach was already gone. Sounds like to me some of you that are saying he is classless have never coached, never worked your butt off watching hours of film and expending energy that most humans don't have. The guy is a coach and a great coach and he is very intense and if I am living with in 6 states of where he is coaching my son will play for him even if he sits on the bench, because I know he will be taught the proper way to play the game and to fight until the end!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw the game, Coach Hatcher knows his stuff might be the best coach in the state with over 700 wins hard to think he isn't in the top 5 anyway. The not shaking hands thing was because he was so mad at his team because he told his kids to foul and they did not, he was fustrated and he was at the end of the bench when shaking hands took place. He did shake the assitant coaches hand, I saw it I think NL head coach was already gone. Sounds like to me some of you that are saying he is classless have never coached, never worked your butt off watching hours of film and expending energy that most humans don't have. The guy is a coach and a great coach and he is very intense and if I am living with in 6 states of where he is coaching my son will play for him even if he sits on the bench, because I know he will be taught the proper way to play the game and to fight until the end!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post. He shook hands with assistant.

Glad to see at least one person thinks he is a good guy. But he has been tossed out of 2 games for his actions(probably should of been more), refused to leave and got the game called with 3:28 to play, suspended 2 games, got an extra game suspension for being in the gym for one that he wasn't supposed to be at, and then not shaking hands with a coach after a hard fought game and coming out on the losing end tops off a good list of actions since he has been in Perry County. I probably would't call him classless, but it's not a good thing for a new coach at Perry Central to be doing. Not a good example for the team and for the school for that matter.

No excuse. He shook Coach Parrott's hand only, then bolted. Should have done what every other coach does, and shake the hand of the opposing team. I stand by my previous comment.

IMO, PCC lost a class coach with Al Holland.

Glad to see at least one person thinks he is a good guy. But he has been tossed out of 2 games for his actions(probably should of been more), refused to leave and got the game called with 3:28 to play, suspended 2 games, got an extra game suspension for being in the gym for one that he wasn't supposed to be at, and then not shaking hands with a coach after a hard fought game and coming out on the losing end tops off a good list of actions since he has been in Perry County. I probably would't call him classless, but it's not a good thing for a new coach at Perry Central to be doing. Not a good example for the team and for the school for that matter.

Not defending his actions in those situations. He is the most competitive guy I know.

BGP posters have a tendancy to ASSUME things like your post about poor coaching satrategy when he had actually instructed his team to foul. Also assuming he was mad at Conway after game when actually he and Conway had a great talk before the game and was highly complimentary of the job Jim is doing at North Laurel.