St Pat 54 Bracken Co. 45

St. Pat outworked Bracken County tonight. They got a lot of loose balls that could have gone either way. Bracken County had numerous opportunities underneath the basket and wasnt able to cash in. St. Pat got to the FT early and often, shooting 36 times. Bracken Co. actually made more field goals then the Lady Saints, but the Lady Saints outscored them from the FT Line 21-7. The Lady Bears need to learn to play some defense without fouling so much.

To the coaching staff of Bracken,they always needed to play more defense and yes they need to quit fouling so much but again U guy's don't teach them to do the right thing...they should have beat St.Pat without any problem and yes H.Haight is playing better ball than ever and I don't think it is due to the coaching staff...i think she knows that it is crunch time and she try's hard and if getting to be more affective than people thought but it is her and her alone and it is just coming out of her and yes she will be good to watch the next 2 years and how she should dominate the 10th region but if there isn't a change in the coaching Bracken will end up the same way and just a mid powered team that has the talent to make it to bowling green but not with the coaching staff they have and U know what I mean...Congrats to the girls for trying so hard but U will take your lumps...

The talent to make it to Bowling Green takes quite a bit. I don't know if Bracken Co. has that much talent or not--to make it to the Girls Sweet 16. I do agree that a change probably would be good for the coaching staff, a little shake-up might do some good. I do not believe all the coaches should be let go. I think at least the direction of the program might need to change. I wander how long a rope the current staff has? They haven't produced much since they took over for Coach Wolfzorn.

The talent to make it to Bowling Green takes quite a bit. I don't know if Bracken Co. has that much talent or not--to make it to the Girls Sweet 16. I do agree that a change probably would be good for the coaching staff, a little shake-up might do some good. I do not believe all the coaches should be let go. I think at least the direction of the program might need to change. I wander how long a rope the current staff has? They haven't produced much since they took over for Coach Wolfzorn.

Great talent at Bracken and many other schools in the 10th and talent to go to Bowling Green can be two vastly different things. I agree on that.

But talent alone won't get you to Bowling Green. It requires sacrifice, execution, defense and the ability to make outside shots.

I had a conversation with at coach yesterday and we agreed, the ability of players to make shots will make a coach look like a genius when they are not and the inability of players to make shots will make a coach look like an idiot when they are not.

Got to see the Lady Bears and Lady Saints for the first time this year. There are some girls that can play on both squads. Unfortunately the two teams look to be going in different directions. The BC girls looked to be out of sync. Get them on the same page and you've got something. I did like what I saw from Haight, Rogers and Burden. Those girls work hard and get results.

Got to see the Lady Bears and Lady Saints for the first time this year. There are some girls that can play on both squads. Unfortunately the two teams look to be going in different directions. The BC girls looked to be out of sync. Get them on the same page and you've got something. I did like what I saw from Haight, Rogers and Burden. Those girls work hard and get results.

Haight has really come on here in the last few games.

Without question, the Lady Bears were out of sync in this game....way too many turnovers. We've got to be a little more patient on offense. Then we've got to learn to keep the pressure up on defense without dinky fouls.

Defensively, Burden is impressive, but she was in foul trouble this whole game so she really wasn't able to contribute a whole bunch in this one. She was on the sidelines most of the night.

I just wanted to make a comment on the coach bashing. It needs to stop. These girls need to believe in their coach. They will not be successful without her. I have in the past have been critical of coaches but found out it does not matter what you write on this site or say in the stands. The coaches will do what they feel is right for the team, if we agree or not. If we go do the road of coach bashing look what happens, look at Greenup Boys Basketball, just to name one that is suffering more now because parents think they know what is best for the team.

Let the coaches coach.

With that I will say I do believe that there are some varsity only players that need to play on the JV squad, just due to the fact that some are not very experienced and need as much playing time as they can get. I was a little surprised that some were not still playing JV.

Let me set the record straight here: I am not coach bashing at all, I simply said a change might be needed at Bracken County. Since Coach Wolfzorn left it doesn't seem to me BCHS has been as successful as when Coach Wolfzorn was there. There may be many reasons for that, the number of players playing, the talent level of the players, etc.

I agree 1000% with LBBC though. The ability to knock down open shots, especially in girls basketball, can make or break a coach. It seems that girls have a harder time getting to the basket if the offense breaks down, for the most part, then boys do. That at times can cause a major stalemate in the offense.

Let me set the record straight here: I am not coach bashing at all, I simply said a change might be needed at Bracken County. Since Coach Wolfzorn left it doesn't seem to me BCHS has been as successful as when Coach Wolfzorn was there. There may be many reasons for that, the number of players playing, the talent level of the players, etc.

I agree 1000% with LBBC though. The ability to knock down open shots, especially in girls basketball, can make or break a coach. It seems that girls have a harder time getting to the basket if the offense breaks down, for the most part, then boys do. That at times can cause a major stalemate in the offense.

Tubby Cat... It was a general statement. It was not a shot at you. I have read in other threads more harsh statements then what you wrote. If they need to change coaches thats fine. But some take it to far sometimes. Kids get on here and read this stuff. To me this is no good for the team. Coaches have a hard enough time getting some players motivated. The players do not need to read this stuff and go to pratice with the "you don't know what you are talking about attiude" It should be about the kids, not the parents and fans.

Just so you know that Bracken County has only had 2 winning seasons in the past 10 years and those winning seasons consisted of 14-13 and 12-9 not truly great years, I do belive that things will change for Bracken County but trying to build something dosen't happen over night, this being the third year with the new coaching staff and having more wins each year is what it needs.I guess i really don't see any stats that say Bracken has had a good program for a while now. They have a good group of young girls who i think can have a very sucessful carrer but it will take some time, You can't build a house from the roof down. I do agree with you i think that the numbers may be down, they only had 2 seniors in 05-06 and had i senior last year 06-07and they only have 2 seniors this year 07-08 so the majority of the players were and are young since the new staff arrived. I do believe things will get better just may take some time.