January 10, 200818 yr Ole Miss should have won this game. UT plays hard D and gets away with alot of hand checks and fouls. Smith makes the game winner with about 4.6 seconds left. Miss made a bad shot with about 2 sec's left from half court. They didnt really know how much time was left. Made I dislike UT. (Except for Lofton)
January 10, 200818 yr If a mod wants to combine please, figured I wouldn't be the only one posting about this. :lol: Ole Miss is going to make some noise in the SEC this year. http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=140810 http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=140809
January 10, 200818 yr Did any one watch this game? What did you think about the officiating? I wasn't going for either team but I thought the officials were very, very, very not good. They hacked each other all night, blocked shots when the defender never touched the ball. Those guys were bad. Anyone agree or disagree?
January 10, 200818 yr UT was definitely helped out in the last minute. I was very impressed with Polynice (sp?)
January 10, 200818 yr Author At the end of the game when the Miss player got fouled wasn't that a shooting foul?? He just got 1 and the bonus.
January 10, 200818 yr Officials were not very good the whole game. I wasn't for either team but there were multiple time when I was like "how do these guys miss these things."
January 10, 200818 yr Hightower is terrible and you can tell he is a jerk as well. Did you all see him walk right past Pearl with no explaination about the technical that was called, he is a classic jerk referee.
January 10, 200818 yr I counted 5 shots/tips Ole Miss had at the basket with under a minute left - not conecting on any of them. Ole Miss finally got a foul called on that particular series of "O" rebounds and shots and missed the front end of a bonus. Even though it was in a loss I thought that Kennedy (Ole Miss coach) flat out coached the Tanning Bed Guy in this one. Everyone had been saying that Ole Miss had an cupcake schedule up till now (and it was weak) and just wait till they got to Tenn.. Well, they lost but they definately should have won this one. Ole Miss is for real and they can play. One heck of a rebounding team. They killed UT on the "O" boards. Wish that Kennedy's Rebels could have gotten this one but Rotten Flop pulled out another one at home.
January 10, 200818 yr Ole Miss can shoot and there big guys are strong. Tennessee is fast and can shoot. UK can miss a lot of shots, not rebound, and struggles on defense. Can't wait for them to play these two teams.
January 10, 200818 yr At the end of the game when the Miss player got fouled wasn't that a shooting foul?? He just got 1 and the bonus. :thumb: I thought that it absolutely was a shooting foul. Yhere were also about 4 or 5 other "muggings" that they could have called on that paticular series before they called that one, the zebra's usually swallow the whistle on a play/plays like that at the end of a game.
January 10, 200818 yr UT was definitely helped out in the last minute. I was very impressed with Polynice (sp?) :thumb: That was the home town calls or no calls at Rotten Flop, nothing new:D. JMO. As for Polyniece (sp?) - I agree, he is a force.
January 10, 200818 yr Ole Miss will own the Cats inside! As I was watching the game I was thinking about that. That game could get REALLY, REALLY ugly if Ole Miss keeps playing this way. Course Ole Miss did play rather stupid at times and that will help teams beat them as the season goes on.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.