January 10, 200818 yr I watched the game on yahoo's site last night. Obviously, from previous posts, I'm a huge Vol fan. The officials were equally bad for both sides. There was a significant amount of "over the back" against Ole Miss that wasn't called during their run to come back in the 2nd half. The other thing that got me about the officiating was the way they stopped play near the end and seemingly gave Ole Miss' players a chance to catch their breath. UT got lucky with the no-calls as well during the missed shot series at the end the game. As is usually the case, the officiating may not have been perfect, but it evened itself out for both sides. I was highly impressed with Ole Miss and their coach, Andy Kennedy. They will definitely make a lot of noise during this SEC season. I really thought they might pull off the upset at the end. Even though Lofton has not yet gotten untracked with his shooting, his leadership on the floor is the glue holding the team together. His passing has become a huge upside for this team. I'm extremely thankful for the 2 new additions, Tyler Smith and J.P. Prince. It will be hard for any team to key solely on Lofton this season and have a chance to win.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.