Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 66 Middlesboro 48

Featured Replies

Corbin handed Middlesboro their first loss of the season just 10 days after Middlesboro beat Corbin by 27 points.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win for Coach Parsons and the Lady Redhounds.

Thought it was a well-called game, if that was what you were getting to.

It was a well called game. Both schools had calls that were on the fishy side. Corbin flat out spanked M-boro in the 4th Q. Mikkah Rogers took over the game for the hounds and proved why many feel she is the best player in the region.

 

Champlin played a great game for the hounds, Jones conitines to be a power playing inside for Corbin, Baylor is a force on defense and had some important baskets, Walden has played up and down all season but, had a good game. Kendra Igo played a great game off the bench for the hounds and should get alot of playing time in the future.

 

Corbin proved that they can compete for a district title and maybe if they keep inproving go a good distance in the regional tournament.

 

M-boro just lost composure and that did them in. I have never seen a couch and a player act so foolish in all my life.

It was a well called game. Both schools had calls that were on the fishy side. Corbin flat out spanked M-boro in the 4th Q. Mikkah Rogers took over the game for the hounds and proved why many feel she is the best player in the region.

 

Champlin played a great game for the hounds, Jones conitines to be a power playing inside for Corbin, Baylor is a force on defense and had some important baskets, Walden has played up and down all season but, had a good game. Kendra Igo played a great game off the bench for the hounds and should get alot of playing time in the future.

 

Corbin proved that they can compete for a district title and maybe if they keep inproving go a good distance in the regional tournament.

 

M-boro just lost composure and that did them in. I have never seen a couch and a player act so foolish in all my life.

What kind of foolish things can a couch do anyway?:eek: Corbin has a first rate coach in Coach Parson's hope she stays there awhile.

I meant Coach. haha

 

Coach Parson's is nothing but, pure CLASS.

What did M-boro's coach do that was out of control? Coach Greene has always been in control and a very good coach, but I didn't see the game so I can't comment on how he or his players acted or maybe reacted-Corbin is a tough arena for a visiting team to capture a win. I must disagree with you on that the Rogers kid is not the best player in the 13th. Lauren Wombles is by far the top player in the 13th region. Whitley has 2 maybe 3 players and no one can overlook 3 dominent players from Clay County's team and the Coleman kid for M-boro. With Corbin's win it should show how wide open the 13th region is...:dancingpa

I totally agree with you Cosmos the 13th is wide open. I have to also agree about the "dirty play" of several of Corbin's players that you spoke of in another post. It's a shame that Coach Parsons and the referees let's that happen. We got a taste of it when they came to South. I just hope someone doesn't get hurt if they are allowed to continue to play that way, hopefully they know better know since I heard that the video was sent to the KHSAA.

With work I've not been able to watch as many games as I had in the past, but was able to watch the SL-Corbin game-I observed several dirty shots that were thrown by 2 of Corbin's players. I agree with you-those ref's shouldn't allow dirty tactics from players to go on in the game-a player will eventually get hurt-I sure wouldn't want that on my concience!!! The 13th Region, I must say, has most of the worst ref's in the state-don't get me wrong, not all of them are bad, but there are at least 4 to 5 that can and has definitely changed an outcome of a ball game-in a real hurry! IMO those individuals need to be barred from referring... Corbin girls basketball had always been a 'class act' and teams feared them because of their talent/play on the court and not by the punches they throw. What's happened with their program? Hopefully that type of behavior didn't happen in the Mboro game-if so, somethings got to be done and I for one have stopped watching any of Corbin's games. Girls, if I wanted to watch a boxing/kicking match, I'd stay home and watch it on the tube...

:ylsuper:

What did M-boro's coach do that was out of control? Coach Greene has always been in control and a very good coach, but I didn't see the game so I can't comment on how he or his players acted or maybe reacted-Corbin is a tough arena for a visiting team to capture a win. I must disagree with you on that the Rogers kid is not the best player in the 13th. Lauren Wombles is by far the top player in the 13th region. Whitley has 2 maybe 3 players and no one can overlook 3 dominent players from Clay County's team and the Coleman kid for M-boro. With Corbin's win it should show how wide open the 13th region is...:dancingpa

 

IMO the wide open door of the 13th in girls becomes real narrow once you roll into Manchester, they will be hard to beat in the region this year, or most any year for that matter. Not that it can't be done just real hard.

I didnt say 2 of Corbin's Players aren't rough. I dont agree with how they play but, they play as rough as the ref's allow them too.

 

If you would re-read my post I said why many feel she is the best player in the region. Mikkah scores when she has too and takes over a game when needed. No one can stop her once she sets her mind to it. She has outplayed wombles in the past 4 meetings between the 2 teams. Corbin has lost some of those games but, that was because someone else stepped up. Mikkah does more for her team than any other player in the region. She is also leading the 13th region in scoring so far this year.

I didnt say 2 of Corbin's Players aren't rough. I dont agree with how they play but, they play as rough as the ref's allow them too.

 

She is also leading the 13th region in scoring so far this year.

 

 

 

Rogers is a good player, but she's not first in the region in scoring. Boggs, of Cawood, is scoring 25 a game. Tyra, of Jackson County, is second.

I totally agree with you Cosmos the 13th is wide open. I have to also agree about the "dirty play" of several of Corbin's players that you spoke of in another post. It's a shame that Coach Parsons and the referees let's that happen. We got a taste of it when they came to South. I just hope someone doesn't get hurt if they are allowed to continue to play that way, hopefully they know better know since I heard that the video was sent to the KHSAA.

 

Which video was sent? The Corbin/SL or Corbin/Middlesboro?

 

I too, have been concerned about the way that refs let the play get out of hand. Girls seem to get more emotional than Boys and if the refs let them, they will beat each other to death. Someone is seriously going to get hurt. KHSAA should investigate this. The refs have the ability to control this and many many many times they choose not to.

The Whitley/Corbin game is the one that I heard was going to be sent to the KHSAA. One of Corbin's players stomped a Whitley player in the chest. I think most of us agree that something needs to be done. I guess we will see if they continue to show bad sportmanship when South plays Corbin next week.

 

I know that scoring is important but there is more to being a good player that just being the leading scorer. Some coaches seem to just want one player to be the superstar, I'm thankful that South always puts forth more of a team effort.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.