NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it, but I don't think last night was about winning or losing. There is no way it could have been, because like you said, the starters didn't all play the whole game. Also, even if they had I don't think SK comes away with a win.

Who are you kidding???????????? A high school game not about winning or losing! Those comments are a bunch of ???? Everyone wants to win and trys to win. NCC just beat SK and Giesler destroyed Meagley. He just couldn't keep up period! Didn't see all the game but from what I understand Feisler did what he wanted and SK couldn't keep up with Connor!!!

Who are you kidding???????????? A high school game not about winning or losing! Those comments are a bunch of ???? Everyone wants to win and trys to win. NCC just beat SK and Giesler destroyed Meagley. He just couldn't keep up period! Didn't see all the game but from what I understand Feisler did what he wanted and SK couldn't keep up with Connor!!!

You are partly right...NewCath did just beat SK, but Geisler did not destroy Maegley. Maegley was winning the battle between the two and then Maegley was benched for unspecific reasons, and then Geisler starting having the advantage against SK's smaller players. Connor did play a very good game and SK did struggle to keep up with him.

I understand that Meagley had 2 fouls trying to stop Geisler early that got him benched. Not capping on Meagley here but Geisler is big strong and alot quicker than Meagley which caused Meagely to foul him. Don't even know when meaglety picked up his 3rd or even got a 4th but the damage was done. If NCC plays the final 3+ minutes they win by 30. SK ran 8-10 deep which they've been doing all year thus far so it doesn't appear their came planned changed at all!!!!!!

I understand that Meagley had 2 fouls trying to stop Geisler early that got him benched. Not capping on Meagley here but Geisler is big strong and alot quicker than Meagley which caused Meagely to foul him. Don't even know when meaglety picked up his 3rd or even got a 4th but the damage was done. If NCC plays the final 3+ minutes they win by 30. SK ran 8-10 deep which they've been doing all year thus far so it doesn't appear their came planned changed at all!!!!!!

You are right, Maegley didn't even get a chance to pick up anymore fouls(he ended up with 2) because he didn't get a chance to play. I do think that if SK's starters didn't get pulled out, then this would have been a much closer game!!

You are right, Maegley didn't even get a chance to pick upa anymore fouls because he didn't get a chance to play. I do think that if SK's starters didn't get pulled out, then this would have been a much closer game!!

He got several chances! He's just not good enough to take on a guy like Giesler. On offense if Geisler would have just bellied up and made Meagley play with his back to the basket instead of playing 1/2 man and letting Meagley drop step dribble and shoot meagley might not have scored. Coach Steiner was trying to find and answer and there was none because if Geisler was stopped Lipscomb and Connor might have dropped 25 each!!!!

He got several chances! He's just not good enough to take on a guy like Giesler. On offense if Geisler would have just bellied up and made Meagley play with his back to the basket instead of playing 1/2 man and letting Meagley drop step dribble and shoot meagley might not have scored. Coach Steiner was trying to find and answer and there was none because if Geisler was stopped Lipscomb and Connor might have dropped 25 each!!!!

Where did he get a chance? He only had 2 fouls and didn't get a chance to get back into the game due to the coaches decision. Geisler did play well, but he got 13 of his 17 points when Maegley was out. Maegley had 9 points in the first quarter. Geisler is quicker than Maegley and no one can dispute that, but Maegley did score everytime he got the ball in the 1st quarter. I would have liked to see what would have happened if Maegley would have gotten a chance to play.

I'm curious of the official minutes played. That would answer this questin for us both. I feel like he played alot more than what you think?

I can't say for sure, but my best guess would be that Maegley played 12-15 minutes tops.

That shows that you do not understand that there is more to the game. The coach was proving a point and sat some of his players the entire 4th quarter. Also, read my whole post before commenting, I said that NCC would have won even if SK had played their starters.

That shows that you do not understand that there is more to the game. The coach was proving a point and sat some of his players the entire 4th quarter. Also, read my whole post before commenting, I said that NCC would have won even if SK had played their starters.

Trust me I understand. I don't believe for 1 minute that there is a high school coach that doesn't care about winnng or losing. The prove their points to players by benching them but don't tell me they don't care about the win. Yes many will say it but I've been around it a very long time and it's a comment that helps them over come issues. It's the coaches way out!!!!! The one thing I'll give you about coach Stiener. He doesn't take any crap!!!!

ISK ran 8-10 deep which they've been doing all year thus far so it doesn't appear their came planned changed at all!!!!!!

SK did run 8-10 deep last night, but they won't be able to do this all year and have much success. I agree with the statement by Tiger1 that their starters will have to play a lot of minutes for them to win many games.

Trust me I understand. I don't believe for 1 minute that there is a high school coach that doesn't care about winnng or losing. The prove their points to players by benching them but don't tell me they don't care about the win. Yes many will say it but I've been around it a very long time and it's a comment that helps them over come issues. It's the coaches way out!!!!! The one thing I'll give you about coach Stiener. He doesn't take any crap!!!!

Wait, so you agree that he pulled the starters to prove a point but not that he did it even though he knew that it was not the best thing for his team in that game? I didn't say he didn't care about the win, I said what he did in the 2nd half was not about winning or losing, it was proving a point to his team. That if they do not play together and do what he wants, he will sit them down beside him.

Geisler did play well, but the reason Maegley only scored 9 points was because he sat the bench for around 2 quarters.

So, as I said in my prediction thread, Maegley was stopped. I'm a genius.

You mentioned something about the Maegley having his way with Dustin in AAU ball, I doubt they ever crossed paths though, as they played on different levels.:thumb: