Boone County /Simon Kenton predictions..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not putting Conley down whatsoever she is a very good player, but I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I don't think she is the best ball handler or defender and I think Coach Stowers should have made a change and was just outcoached. It would surprise me if Fookes would have moved Bradley over to guard Tolliver. BC doesn't have a guard Tolliver couldn't have posted up.

Im not taking anything away from BC , they played to win and they did a great job ! Jacy and Katie did their thing and the younger girls hit big shots as well. I am sure they both learned somethings about themselves and each other. BC deserved to win the game and thats why we play the game. Looking at it on paper doesn't mean much in girls basketball.

I have never seen Toliver play with her back to the basket. She seems more in her element catching and shooting. She has a pretty good jump shot in the lane also so it might have been out of her element to try and post up another gaurd. Connley has been the point for 4 years now I don't see a coach switching that up midstream. I don't think Tolliver would have been any better at the point plus it takes away from her scoring to run the offense. It just looked like they got rattled and could not get it turned around. Another thing I noticed why would they have Smith shooting from the outside, she did hit 1 but she is definitely not an outside shooter. It also takes away from her rebounding.

I have never seen Toliver play with her back to the basket. She seems more in her element catching and shooting. She has a pretty good jump shot in the lane also so it might have been out of her element to try and post up another gaurd. Connley has been the point for 4 years now I don't see a coach switching that up midstream. I don't think Tolliver would have been any better at the point plus it takes away from her scoring to run the offense. It just looked like they got rattled and could not get it turned around. Another thing I noticed why would they have Smith shooting from the outside, she did hit 1 but she is definitely not an outside shooter. It also takes away from her rebounding.

Trust me its not out of her element, she posted up some serious guards at D1 nationals and scored almost at will ! When things aren't working sometimes a coach needs to switch it up;) I do agree with you , they should have Smith playing more inside , although she is one of their best outside shooters. There aren't hardly any coaches in high school ball who teach guards to post up and do it in a game. With that said they don't really teach guards to play post defense either. If any of these coaches catch on to this philosophy in NKY they will have a completely new weapon in their arsenal. If you have a guard who is really good at posting up the other team will almost always do one of two things. They either try to play your guard with a big girl which always creates a mismatch on the other side or they have to go to a zone.( they may also have a guard who can play post d but thats not usually the case. Usually their good guard picks up a couple quick fouls trying to block shots:ylsuper: