Greenup County 85 Russell 82

I like Russell, I live in Russell, as a matter of fact in the late 50's Russell Teams were the only ones to really challenge us along with Olive Hill. I just dont understand, nevermind...I feel you are baiting me, so I will keep my thoughts to the PM/ May I PM you?

I'm not baiting you. I just don't understand your reasoning. You didn't answer my question about Ashland's football team this year. Yes, please pm me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adkins steps up late to help sink Russell, 85-82

By MELINDA ROBINSON — The Independent

Russell — Junior Ryan Adkins knocked down eight consecutive free throws in the final minute of Friday’s game to help Greenup County sink Russell 85-82 at Marvin Meredith Gymnasium.

“Fortunately, Ryan stepped to the line and finished the game for us,” Greenup County coach Chad Leach said after the Musketeers notched their first win of the young season.

Adkins was 12-of-14 from the line for the night and 4-of-6 from the field to lead the Musketeers with 21 points in the district contest.

Greenup County led 60-57 heading into the fourth quarter, but a 15-4 run quickly stretched the Musketeers lead to 13 with just over four minutes to go. However, Russell began to fight back, scoring nine unanswered points to come within three, 75-72, with 2:05 remaining.

“Our kids were just patient,” Russell coach Steve Dodd said of the run. “They started defending a little bit better and showed some poise.”

Link to rest of the story

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_342003056.html

Let's take a hypothetical situation. School "A" over the course of 30 years has let major politics control the system from top to bottom, including but not limited to the feeder program at School "A". School "A" has spiraled downward in the area of basketball and now has become a major football school such as across the river. Is it safe to say that because of manipulation and politics that School "A" now has to resort to dressing and playing under age and under classmen just to be able to compete. Even though I reside out side the Ashland city limits in nearby school district "A", I have not been able to figure out why school "A" has dropped the ball after their legendary coach retired.

Just a little puzzle and food for thought.

:sleep:

Need some new material. :rolleyes:

Here's some: How many state tournaments has Raceland played in? ;)

My post had nothing to do with Raceland but we all know why you made reference.it did have something to do with what took place in last nights Greenup/Russell matchup. Perhaps you are misinformed so here is a little reminder.

It is new material. It happened in last nights game.A players name was left off the book to begin the game. I simply made reference to something that the coach himself admitted to doing, nothing more, nothing less. He chose to live with his mistake rather than take a technical (which should have been called in the first half) which could have resulted in a 5 point swing to begin the 2nd half.

Kyle Skaggs is NOT a last resort for Coach Dodd. He is a kid who played hard and proved himself in all 4 quarters of the JV game then turned around and hit some critical shots for the varsity game...playing all 4 quarters.

Let's take a hypothetical situation. School "A" over the course of 30 years has let major politics control the system from top to bottom, including but not limited to the feeder program at School "A". School "A" has spiraled downward in the area of basketball and now has become a major football school such as across the river. Is it safe to say that because of manipulation and politics that School "A" now has to resort to dressing and playing under age and under classmen just to be able to compete. Even though I reside out side the Ashland city limits in nearby school district "A", I have not been able to figure out why school "A" has dropped the ball after their legendary coach retired.

Just a little puzzle and food for thought.

Sounds more like soar grapes than anything else. Program down ??????region semi-finals last 5 years region finals twice- region champs once. If thats dropping the ball then alot of schools would like to drop it.