Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jenkins @ Cumberland

Who Will Win? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Win?

    • Cumberland
      100%
      26
    • Jenkins
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Cumberland Redskins

Playoff Appearance: 21st

All-time Record: 20-20-1

 

Jenkins Cavaliers

Playoff Appearance: 9th (3 appearances in 8-man)

All-time Record: 0-7-1 (0-3 in 8-man)

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

1963 - Cumberland 7 Jenkins 7 (Cumberland advanced on penetrations)

 

***I didn't see a thread on this game; if there is, please merge***

Cumberland will win going away.

 

BTW: How, exactly, were penetrations scored?

  • Author

I wasn't around then, so I can't guarantee this, but I'm pretty sure it was based upon the total number of first downs a team had. Always thought that was a poor method!

I wasn't around then, so I can't guarantee this, but I'm pretty sure it was based upon the total number of first downs a team had. Always thought that was a poor method!

I think you are right about it being based on first downs back in the day...

WOW! That is nuts!!! A defense bends, but does not break, and the team as a whole is penalized. I wonder if first downs on penalties counted??? Looks like they would go with points scored or common opponents or something.....

Jenkins 20-16 for 1st playoff win. Go Cavs.

Wow, gutsy call SuperB. Look at it this way, Cumberland defeated Harlan by a couple of touchdowns. Jenkins came back in over time to beat the Dragons. Personally, I don't think Jenkins has the speed and athleticism to keep up with all of the Redskins' weapons. I'm gonna say C-42 J-14.

Cumberland 35-14.

Cumberland rolls in this one and hopes to have a better showing against Hazard in round two...Go SKINS!!!!!

I wouldn't take the Steelers to win at Jenkins under certain circumstances, but at Cumberland with this much at stake? Cumberland by 28 points.

I wouldn't take the Steelers to win at Jenkins under certain circumstances, but at Cumberland with this much at stake? Cumberland by 28 points.

 

Care to explain?

  • Author
Care to explain?

 

I think his implication was that Jenkins is an impossible place to win, even for the best of teams. But Cumberland is a tough place to play and win as well so therefore he's picking the 'Skins to beat the Cavs.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.