mr wong

Boys Soccer Russell

Girls Soccer Russell

Volleyball Russell

Girls golf team Russell

Girls golf medalist Russell

Boys golf team Madison Central

Boys golf medalist Russell

How does a school of 600 some students with the success they have in football continue to be successful in all the minor sports. The rest of us never seem to have enough athletes to go around. Especially in girls sports.

Boys Soccer Russell

Girls Soccer Russell

Volleyball Russell

Girls golf team Russell

Girls golf medalist Russell

Boys golf team Madison Central

Boys golf medalist Russell

How does a school of 600 some students with the success they have in football continue to be successful in all the minor sports. The rest of us never seem to have enough athletes to go around. Especially in girls sports.

I bet if their school name was "Russell Catholic" or "Russell Academy" you'd have 50 posts on here already telling you why!! :D:D

Obviously they have a strong program top to bottom, good coaching and the kids come from good homes (supportive parents..). I'm not familure at all with Russell, other than the name of the school. Its refreshing to see schools accomplish these feats. How are their academics? Sometimes when a public school has very good athletic programs coupled with very good to excellent academic standards, this creates a monster.... I mean that in a good way. Many kids want to go to school there, many parents want to send their kids there.... It can be quite a synergistic effect. Similar situations exist in Jefferson Co. with Manual, Male and Ballard. All fine schools with emerging / established athletic programs. Hats off to Russell....

Obviously they have a strong program top to bottom, good coaching and the kids come from good homes (supportive parents..). I'm not familure at all with Russell, other than the name of the school. Its refreshing to see schools accomplish these feats. How are their academics? Sometimes when a public school has very good athletic programs coupled with very good to excellent academic standards, this creates a monster.... I mean that in a good way. Many kids want to go to school there, many parents want to send their kids there.... It can be quite a synergistic effect. Similar situations exist in Jefferson Co. with Manual, Male and Ballard. All fine schools with emerging / established athletic programs. Hats off to Russell....

Riverside, here are some academic stats. We take pride in both academics and athletics at Russell.

Beta Club Quiz Bowl

State Champs- 93, 96, 99, 02, 06

National Champs- 96, 02, 06

Gov Cup State Champs- 96, 97, 04, 06

Science Olympiad State Champs- 98, 04, 05, 06, 07

• 2 weeks later...