Bellevue's Ed (Mr. Ed) Hausfeld passes away

Qryche11

Mr.Ed was more active in the 80's and early 90's, I think his health became an issue about 10 yrs ago. The guy would boss the Football managers around like no tomorrow, ride the bus to away basketball games and you would see him picking up aluminum bats and balls and stuffing them back in the bags during baseball games.

He had some nice relationships with other players for opposing teams as well. I remember a lot of guys coming up to him before and after games and chatting away. Just a very lovable guy and he will be missed.

Coming from Dayton I remember him on the sideline yelling away. At every game that I can remember. Prayers go out to him and his family.

I had the pleasure of knowing Ed Hausfeld and what a wonderful man he was. His dedication and loyalty to his hometown Tigers brings back memories of an era gone by. His presence brightened every event at Ben Flora Gymnasium or Gilligan Stadium.

I remember seeing his picture in the paper from a parade a couple of years back and I went on to him like he was a big celebrity. He loved being envolved with Bellevue athletics and he will be missed by not only the home team, but everyone throughout NKY sports.

God Bless to his family

Mr Ed was a great fan of all sports. He follow his granddaughter in their sports too, he love all kids. The kids always look for his treats of tootsie rolls and bubble gum. He was a good guy and upto the last couple years he was everywhere watching. RIP MR ED, you will be missed.