Bellevue's Ed (Mr. Ed) Hausfeld passes away

Qryche11

I was informed last night that Ed Hausfeld (MR. ED) longtime Bellevue Athletics supporter passed away at the age of 80.

If you ever put on a uniform for Bellevue you probably knew Mr. Ed. If you ever coached against or played against Bellevue then you probably knew Mr. Ed.

He and his wife Laura were huge supporters of Bellevue Athletics over the past 30 yrs. I have many fond memories of Mr. Ed and the things he did for the teams I played on.

He was there during football double sessions making sure all the water bottles were full, attended all of the basketball games home and away in the winter and was on the bench during baseball season with a neverending supply of tootsie rolls and PAL bubble gum.

Not only a great fan of Bellevue he did a lot of charitable work for the Knights of Columbus. Mr. Ed will definitely be missed by a lot of people throughout NKY.

These individuals are hard to find today. I had met him several times when I coached and scouted for Lloyd. He was a very fine person and enjoyed talking with him when ever I scouted Bellevue at Bellevue. He will be hard to replace. My prayers and thoughts are with the family and the Bellevue Family. JD

I was informed last night that Ed Hausfeld (MR. ED) longtime Bellevue Athletics supporter passed away at the age of 80.

If you ever put on a uniform for Bellevue you probably knew Mr. Ed. If you ever coached against or played against Bellevue then you probably knew Mr. Ed.

He and his wife Laura were huge supporters of Bellevue Athletics over the past 30 yrs. I have many fond memories of Mr. Ed and the things he did for the teams I played on.

He was there during football double sessions making sure all the water bottles were full, attended all of the basketball games home and away in the winter and was on the bench during baseball season with a neverending supply of tootsie rolls and PAL bubble gum.

Not only a great fan of Bellevue he did a lot of charitable work for the Knights of Columbus. Mr. Ed will definitely be missed by a lot of people throughout NKY.

Was his wife one of the growling grannies?

Sorry to hear of Mr. Ed's passing.

He was a legend in Northern Kentucky sports and a very popular, visible Bellevue fan.

He was a big fan of our Nathan Seiter (leading career scorer Brossart Mustangs Basketball) back in the late ninties and I remember having Nathan always seek him out whenever he was in attendance.

Rest in peace!

Mr.Ed was more active in the 80's and early 90's, I think his health became an issue about 10 yrs ago. The guy would boss the Football managers around like no tomorrow, ride the bus to away basketball games and you would see him picking up aluminum bats and balls and stuffing them back in the bags during baseball games.

He had some nice relationships with other players for opposing teams as well. I remember a lot of guys coming up to him before and after games and chatting away. Just a very lovable guy and he will be missed.

Thoughts and prayers are with the hausfeld family. Have known Mr. Ed for a long time. Having Bellevue as our rival in every sport, got to know how great a man he was. I recall after I graduated, being at a baseball, Mr. Ed trying to carry a water cooler 3/4 full, and a cane in one hand. Just glad he accepted our help, as it was the least we could do for him. Always had my upmost respect as sure he did many others. rest in peace.