North Oldham 30 South Oldham 22

stick1

I'd like to congratulate North Oldham on the biggest win in school history probably. The group of Seniors that are there have stuck together and taken their lumps starting a new program. They were forced to play up a lot as Fresh and Soph's. It's great to see them knock off their big rival their Sr year. A lot of kids would have folded with all the turnover there but that group stuck together and Coach Martin has them going in the right direction! I hope your momentum continues down the stretch heading into your District games.

Congrats! I'm proud of you all!

Yes. This is a first in the history of North Oldham HS. (10 years, I believe)

I heard that the atmosphere at the game was great. Which, if you ever driven by on a game night, you know isn't always the case. I'm hoping that once the new stadium is built, we'll have more nights like that.

Congrats NOHS and keep the momentum going.

They are 3-3. Not making excuses for them, but they only have 6 players that played any varsity ball last year. Look for them to be much improved in the next two years. They have a very good Freshman class and a good 8th. and 7th. grade middle school team that is undefeated.

The school opened in the fall of 2003. This is their fourth year of their football program.

Thanks! That's what I get for trusting the C-J.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007709290543

North Oldham 30, South Oldham 22: Chris Dudley returned a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown and added 86 yards rushing and another score as the host Mustangs (3-2) beat the Dragons (3-3) for the first time in 10 years.

Ryan Gallas added 123 yards rushing and a score for North Oldham, which took a 13-0 first-quarter lead.

Quarterback Drew Simpson rushed for three touchdowns for South Oldham.