St. Xavier/Butler Predictions

Diogenes

St. X or Butler -who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. St. X or Butler -who wins?

• St. X
    • Butler

Even the freshmen Tigers could play in this one. Glaser can name the score.

Did Trinity put in their freshmen players when they beat Butler 49-0 on 9/7? If I remember right, the Rocks were leading about 41-0 at halftime.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butler will be starting 3 freshman on offense and 2 on defense. (due to ineligibilities, injuries and quitters/dismissals). There's a weekly internet show with a Butler assitant coach. Go to Louisvilleprep/com. The Sunday High School Football Show. This site is Bluegrass Preps friendly. These freshmen varsity starters will not participate in the Frosh game, so the freshmen Bears are short handed as well. The JV game scheduled for today was cancelled due to the lack of healthy quarterbacks at Butler. They currently have two, both freshmen.

That's a shame for what once was a great program. I hope that they can rebuild and compete agains soon.

Since your team has already faced the Bears, and I have not seen them at all this season, I was curious if they were really as bad as some of the scores have indicated. Also I know that in the past few years, Beatty has started to insert freshmen in selective varsity games, and I was curious if this was one of them.

Butler has a lot of ability at the school I was not aware of the recent injuries and ineligiblities. Lucas is working hard--very hard. He has a big challenge and is doing his best. It would be natural for the freshman and varsity Tigers to have a let down. I think what is an important lesson is to play hard every game. I hope many Tigers will be out on the field. Many X-men work hard every day and see little, if no action on the field. However, it is still important to "honor your opponent with your best performance."

Did Trinity put in their freshmen players when they beat Butler 49-0 on 9/7? If I remember right, the Rocks were leading about 41-0 at halftime.

Actually it was 49-0 at the half. There was no scoring in the second half at all. final was 49-0.

X has the opportunity to build stats and position players for post season accolades or they can roll the players in that don't get to see action during most games as Xtiger69 mentioned earlier. I'm curious which one it will be, I can see either one happening....

X has the opportunity to build stats and position players for post season accolades or they can roll the players in that don't get to see action during most games as Xtiger69 mentioned earlier. I'm curious which one it will be, I can see either one happening....

I can see both happening. I think St. X will play their 1's and 2's early to help keep them sharp against an opposing team. Going against your own scout team in practice only does so much to teach core game skills. You need to face someone who is bringing their best game against you to make you feel pressure. This is important to keep players sharp. Once the game is well in hand St. X will drop back to their 3's and 4's for the balance of the game. These guys will get the majority of the in game PT.

:thumb:GO TIGERS! :thumb:

X has historically put in backups as quickly as prudently possible. It is in keeping with Coach Glaser's philosophy that the game is about the players, not the coaches. It would not be surprising to see 100 kids play.