The Apple Bowl: Johnson Central vs. Paintsville

underarmour

I just can't believe that a J.C. Alumn just called the Paintsville Johnson Central game "meaningless" LOL

In the overall season, this game is meaningless. Granted, it does mean alot to the boys that play in it, and make no mistake, I always want Johnson Central to win it. But since Matney arrived this game hasn't even been close and this one will be no different. JC could win this game easily without Grimm so I dont see any reason why he should play. If he and the Coaches feel he is 100%, let him play but keep it limited(no defense and special teams), but if he is still banged up like he was in the Woodford Co. game, then rest him for the rest of our schedule which still has 2 tough district opp. in Ashland and Montgomery Co., along with the Top 2 teams in Class 3A in Lou. Central and Belfry. JC has its work cut out down the stretch and through the playoffs, which in my mind, is much more meaningful.

In the overall season, this game is meaningless. Granted, it does mean alot to the boys that play in it, and make no mistake, I always want Johnson Central to win it. But since Matney arrived this game hasn't even been close and this one will be no different. JC could win this game easily without Grimm so I dont see any reason why he should play. If he and the Coaches feel he is 100%, let him play but keep it limited(no defense and special teams), but if he is still banged up like he was in the Woodford Co. game, then rest him for the rest of our schedule which still has 2 tough district opp. in Ashland and Montgomery Co., along with the Top 2 teams in Class 3A in Lou. Central and Belfry. JC has its work cut out down the stretch and through the playoffs, which in my mind, is much more meaningful.

I agree i would set Grimm..

As for the game Jc will dominate and i a

hope they do it early so i can come back home and watch the Uk vs usc game.;)

Eagles: 56

Tigers: 6 (They always atleast get 1 score.)

Ya'll remember the time when these threads would get so personal and nasty that they would be shut down a couple of times before the game would actually be played, then same thing with the post game threads? My how times have changed. Is everyone in Johnson County finally becoming civil?

Ya'll remember the time when these threads would get so personal and nasty that they would be shut down a couple of times before the game would actually be played, then same thing with the post game threads? My how times have changed. Is everyone in Johnson County finally becoming civil?

I dont believe its that as much as the fall of Paintsvillle Football. When it was successful the support on here was there. But when the program started to slip and JC was winning these games by 50+, many of the Paintsville people started filtering out on this website. When was the last time you seen a Paintsville Prediction or Game thread started by a tiger supporter?

I dont believe its that as much as the fall of Paintsvillle Football. When it was successful the support on here was there. But when the program started to slip and JC was winning these games by 50+, many of the Paintsville people started filtering out on this website. When was the last time you seen a Paintsville Prediction or Game thread started by a tiger supporter?

:thumb: you drilled it right there.

All it took was Johnson Central to start playing football in a manner consistant with its size/funding/facilities and their fans to realize it. And Paintsville to come to reality regarding football expectations and their fans realizing it.

The superiority/inferiority complex thing has been disappating. Thank goodness.

:thumb:

Of course, there's another side to that coin.

Before Central's upswing, the same can be said about the lack of Eagle fans here. Central now has a good presence now, and that's good, but the bulk of it has been in the last 2-3 yrs.

:bunny:

Of course, there's another side to that coin.

Before Central's upswing, the same can be said about the lack of Eagle fans here. Central now has a good presence now, and that's good, but the bulk of it has been in the last 2-3 yrs.

:bunny:

I agree. Support comes and goes depending on how your team is performing. Its that way anywhere. I wasnt trying to take a punch at Paintsville with my comment, just stating a fact.

I agree. Support comes and goes depending on how your team is performing. Its that way anywhere. I wasnt trying to take a punch at Paintsville with my comment, just stating a fact.

That's what I figured...I just wanted to make that clear for others.

:thumb:

This game will be close, untill kickoff. JC has had 2 weeks to chew on a loss and the taste is awful. They will come out and lay the wood to their "brothers" from across town. If I were P'ville I would run the ball ALOT and get up really slowly!!!!

JC: 60(ish)

P'ville: 7

It will be interesting to see the turnout for this one. With the scores of this game the last 3 years, it has lost alot of its luster. And with the Wildcats playing in Primetime against the Gamecocks and the Ole' Ball Coach, their will be alot of people torn between what to do. I still think this game brings in around 3,000 to 4,000.