Southwestern 27 Dunbar 21

hector

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have that right and this win was a great one BUT, the Maroons are very hungry for some Warrior.

Way to go SW on a fine upset. Not going to happen this week.

I Don't know that I'd call it an "upset." PLD is 3-12 since the beginning of 2006 and the three teams that they defeated have a combined record of 4-16. They beat Bryan Station, who was 2-8 last season and 1-4 this season, twice and Tates Creek, who is 1-4 this season (and their lone win came against winless GRC). It isn't like PLD was a juggernaut. I don't think the win means anything and PC wins going away. I misjudged the Maroons earlier in the year--I thought their win against Somerset was due to Somerset's poor defense but the Maroon offense is for real.

Golfer, can you give us all a little insight on what happened friday night?

It'll be...the talent is down...dont have the facilities...dont have the support...have to share practice time...yadda yadda yadda. I was at the game and it was painful to watch. And I did not feel the game was as close as the score. To see them put the ball on the ground that many times reminded me of watching my nephews little league team. I have been to 5 PLD games the last two seasons (am not a graduate or anything-just a FB fan) and can honestly say I dont believe I will watch another. I shouldve went and watched the fireworks show on Reynolds Rd.

It'll be...the talent is down...dont have the facilities...dont have the support...have to share practice time...yadda yadda yadda. I was at the game and it was painful to watch. And I did not feel the game was as close as the score. To see them put the ball on the ground that many times reminded me of watching my nephews little league team. I have been to 5 PLD games the last two seasons (am not a graduate or anything-just a FB fan) and can honestly say I dont believe I will watch another. I shouldve went and watched the fireworks show on Reynolds Rd.

No, it was 9 turnovers. Plain and simple.

I thought it was just me. Some people would have others believe that and tell the rest of you everything is fine or the stuff mentioned in the quote.

Dunbar committed 9 turnovers. 7 fumbles and 2 interceptions. Tough loss.

But two of those turnovers resulted in SW taking pitches from PLD and running them back for scores. Do you think that maybe, just maybe SW knew what was coming?????? What I want to know is if PLD has 4 kids that run a sub 4.6 forty what are they doing running the wing T?

But two of those turnovers resulted in SW taking pitches from PLD and running them back for scores. Do you think that maybe, just maybe SW knew what was coming?????? What I want to know is if PLD has 4 kids that run a sub 4.6 forty what are they doing running the wing T?

Many, many, many have asked this question. Everyone knows that the wing-T restricts speed to some extent.

Are you saying SW had prior knowledge of what play was coming via some "New England Patriots Type Stuff" or are you saying that the play calling was so bad that it was easy to predict what was going to happen? Just wondering, thanks.

Are you saying SW had prior knowledge of what play was coming via some "New England Patriots Type Stuff" or are you saying that the play calling was so bad that it was easy to predict what was going to happen? Just wondering, thanks.

The latter of the two.

Dunbar is running very little Wing-T. They are running the flex triple option. Hasn't been in very long. Still getting used to the scheme.