Lawrence County 29 Boyd County 26

UKBLUE1964

It has been a couple of years since LC had 3XP kicks in a game. I think the Spradlin kid did it a few years ago.

I am sure Billy would have loved to have Acie Waller on the 1991 team :D

For those who remember that year, LC lost to Mayfield in the State Semi-Final game 21-18, you guessed it 3 XP.

Hopefully there is another young kid in the LC system that saw this and keeps practicing. The Kicking game at the high school level can be the difference in alot of ball games.

I have tried to keep from Posting all season, but I have reached that point to where I have to speak. My son has played with most of these young men playing at Boyd for years, and things definetly have changed. Pretty sad when there was more desire, heart and fundamentals in Junior League Football. Things are just different at Boyd, none of the boys have desire or fundamentals to overcome these teams that were no contest at a younger age. My son's Junior League teams had no problem with half of these teams that have beaten us and to be quite honest with you, he is about frustrated with the Program to quit playing now.

It's a hard job at Boyd Co. I think Greenup and Boyd are two of the more tougher job in the area simply because of that desire to play. Too many boys are interested in other sports/things and they don't want to play for teams that just go 5-5 at best each and every year. It will be interesting to see what happens at Boyd over the next 5 games and coaching next season.

I have tried to keep from Posting all season, but I have reached that point to where I have to speak. My son has played with most of these young men playing at Boyd for years, and things definetly have changed. Pretty sad when there was more desire, heart and fundamentals in Junior League Football. Things are just different at Boyd, none of the boys have desire or fundamentals to overcome these teams that were no contest at a younger age. My son's Junior League teams had no problem with half of these teams that have beaten us and to be quite honest with you, he is about frustrated with the Program to quit playing now.

That was probably a little bolder statement than true. Yes, these bunch of boys did beat most teams back then, but to say No Contest is Way off. Kids change and styles change....and some kids dont return. There are a lot of factors to why you cannot compare JFL to High School. My only concern is the low turnout in Boyd's JFL now, that could be a factor later on down the road. I believe our coaches are doing all they can, with all they have at this point.

BTW..your son is doing fine and tell him to keep battling at Practice...Tell him to keep his head up.

I don't know which junior teams you are referring to BUT I do know that the freshman class at LC right now was undefeated for many, many years in while in youth league so BC never beat them....

Thats kinda funny seems like I remember coaching some of our Present Freshman team to at least 2 victories over your Present Freshman squad. Just ask some of your players if they ever heard of the Boyd County Panthers and I am sure they remember well. By the way, just to be precise one of the last years I coached the game scores were:

1st Game - Boyd County Panthers 12

Lawrence County 0

2nd Game - Boyd County Panthers 18

Lawrence County 6

3rd Game - Lawrence County 6

Boyd County 0

(2 Overtime Victory for Lawrence Co - Turf Bowl)

This was also the same year that Gatlin Barker scored 2 TD's and Zac Wilson scored 1 TD to beat Lawrence County's older age group in the Turf Bowl, basically behind the same line that Boyd is using now.

Need any other information...you need to know exactly who scored the TD's? BTW 2 other notes -that was with Boyd County's squad split into 2 teams and I personally seen J.J. Jude score a TD for Inez in OT one time to beat you as well.

Now with that said, a lot of Boyd County's players have chosen to move on and do other things, but there are still some other great players there, but Boyd does not have the interest to keep players playing Football as Lawrence does.

Lawrence's Freshman team will be a great team and Shephard is going to be something special, but the state what you posted is way off. Check the Big Sandy News:thumb:

No one should compare JFL to High School. Some kids at the JFL develop faster than other kids but then the other kids do the same when they hit high school level. I coached youth league at Lawrence County when they played in the Tri-State Youth Football League and they were kids at that level who was almost too small to play. One kid I remember was so small at 12 yrs old we put him at WR. I do remember one game he wanted to play RB and with the game decided we put him in and he scored the first time he touched it. Yes it was against the other teams second team but this kid turned out to be a pretty good back at LC. His name: Michael West

Some kids need time to develop and alot of kids just don't play when they get older because so many other sports vie for the best athletes.

Dawgs win ... good .... Looked at write up and stats in paper ' date=' what are building blocks for next week .... Offensively ,Defensively ... Did see where couple new kids made impact ... Fishin Dawg - jump in , the water is fine - how about them Dawgs ...[/quote']

how bout them dawgs varnum!!!!!!!!!

This win was big because it was at home and it was a district game but I think the biggest thing that LC can take away from this is that it was a HUGE and I mean HUGE morale booster. Coach Goldsmith got an " Unsportsmanlike Conduct " for getting in the referee's ear and staying there until he was done. Thats the FIRST TIME I have ever seen that and personally, I loved seeing that kind of fire from him. Hope to see it more often.