Maybe a Change in the NKY coaches poll

Dlbdonn

They do not play in the regular season and haven't for quite some time. They do have an extensive scrimmage involving frosh, JV, and varsity every year.

Is there a good reason as to why 2 of the traditional NKY powers and fellow Diosecan schools would not play?

Is there a good reason as to why 2 of the traditional NKY powers and fellow Diosecan schools would not play?
Good Question . Probably has to do with scheduling , the number of matches you are allowed to play , and the fact that they are in different regions . I'll check my inside source about this .

Only thing I've ever heard is that when they used to play in the regular season it was near the end of the season and it was a "very festive" atmosphere similar to a b-ball game crowd at NCC. The presumption was the ND people at that time did not want to deal with gearing up for that right before districts and regionals started. When they could not find a date earlier in the season to play they started scrimmaging. I would imagine now they figure they both play in the same tournaments so they probably could meet in those.

Only thing I've ever heard is that when they used to play in the regular season it was near the end of the season and it was a "very festive" atmosphere similar to a b-ball game crowd at NCC. The presumption was the ND people at that time did not want to deal with gearing up for that right before districts and regionals started. When they could not find a date earlier in the season to play they started scrimmaging. I would imagine now they figure they both play in the same tournaments so they probably could meet in those.
I believe that this is the correct answer .