Whitley County 14 Newport 13

Einstein70

Whitley County has a very nice stadium,an there football team played hard tonight there run game is very good,Newport still turning the ball over to much if they can't do any better I don't know if they will win a game this year

great job to both teams.

I would say that the officials were lost I have never seen a game run the way those guys did, some of the calls they maid then change them throw a flag then turn around an pick it up not that it had any thing to do with the out come of this game but man those guys need to get it together.

I would say that the officials were lost I have never seen a game run the way those guys did, some of the calls they maid then change them throw a flag then turn around an pick it up not that it had any thing to do with the out come of this game but man those guys need to get it together.

Welcome to SE Kentucky officiating. As a whole it may be the worst in the State. Their are a couple of good crews but for the most part it is very poor.

Got a question for the Newport fans..... Is it true that the Wildcats have 19 turnovers in 3 games????? Not going to win many if any games giving the ball away that much.

I dinn't realize it coud be that many but they had at least 3 against W.C.

That was the worst officiated game I have had the pleasure to watch. TERRIBLE on both sides of the ball.

It was also a hard played game by both teams and one that was fun to watch, not being decided till the final minute.

Congrats to Whitley on their first win. There is still work to do, but at least you got your first "W".

To Newport, Stay positive, you have a nice team and should win some games, you played hard and that is a credit to your team, and school.

Whitley's defensive unit stood tall and made some great plays, but also was taken in by the trickery. But overall a better than average effort. Newport could not run the ball and the defensive unit for the Colonels showed as they mature that they are going to be a force.

Offensively the Colonels moved the ball well but had trouble scoring, that will have to change. Special teams still needs some work but will also get better.

One thing is for sure, Whitley is learning to make plays, (Cody Jones blocking the PAT, Ed Lawson making play after play in the secondary, Nate Wilson making tackle after tackle and Shawn Baird making big tackles and effecting plays even when he does not make the tackle) which will serve them well as the season progresses.