Hazard 34 Clay County 33

Good late game. I wasnt to impressed with the QB that i heard was real good for Clay. He couldnt throw on the run and couldnt throw under pressure. I didnt see as many weopons on Clay as i did Hazard. Tyler Olinger had a good running game. It was a great game though. Clay Co. Could have tied it but instead went for 2 with about 2:43 to go in the game. The middle was open all night for both teams. Just alot of miss throws from Clay a few from Hazard to. I think if Clay ran it more they could have won the game. Because Hazard couldn't stop there run that good at all. A couple of turnovers for each team. When Campbell gets back for Hazard they should be even better that will put speed and a good player in the middle which is what they are missing in the LB spot for sure. Im a defensive person though and both teams need better defense for sure.

Well Lewis did have a off night and that hurt the tigers alot. Clay lost one of their best defense players in the 3rd quarter, when he had to go to the hospital due to a ankle injury (34 marcum). I thought Clay just didnt have their game going tonight, and plus the penalties on Clay Co was just crazy. But it was a great game to watch.

and dano if you didnt see any weapons on Clay but saw so many on Hazard how is it Hazard beat clay by only 1 on their home field?? come on mann.. Clay did have a bad night but they didnt look that bad...

Good High School Football game! I think most BGP observers thought this would be a close game and the teams did not disappoint.

Lewis was a little off tonight,but he is absolutely for real. Clay, in my opinion,has lots of offensive weapons. A little more run game would help them. IMO the tigers were a little too predictable tonight.

Folks, Hazard is for real. This game was closer than it should have been. Olinger may be the best overall (pass/run) QB in the mountains. Lots of speed all over the field. Several good playmakers.(Kidd, Adams, Campbell, Meehan, Blanton, Mikal Campbell, Searcy, Sims, Combs, and more).

Look for Hazard and Clay to both make good runs come playoff time if they can improve defensively. You will not make it far playoff time giving up 20-30 pts. a game.

Good luck to both teams.

Good High School Football game! I think most BGP observers thought this would be a close game and the teams did not disappoint.

Lewis was a little off tonight,but he is absolutely for real. Clay, in my opinion,has lots of offensive weapons. A little more run game would help them. IMO the tigers were a little too predictable tonight.

Folks, Hazard is for real. This game was closer than it should have been. Olinger may be the best overall (pass/run) QB in the mountains. Lots of speed all over the field. Several good playmakers.(Kidd, Adams, Campbell, Meehan, Blanton, Mikal Campbell, Searcy, Sims, Combs, and more).

Look for Hazard and Clay to both make good runs come playoff time if they can improve defensively. You will not make it far playoff time giving up 20-30 pts. a game.

Good luck to both teams.

Good summation UKFAN1. I must admit the Bulldogs are a much better team than I expected. When Campbell gets back they will be more than solid. Hazard is loaded with team speed. What impressed me the most about Clay was the fact they were flagged for holding around 9 times during crucial drives (Hazard O-line not called for holding once), had a few key players out, not real sharp offensively, gave up a kick return and STILL had a chance to win the game. I'm not crying over the holding calls because it's something you have to overcome. If you're going to focus that hard on throwing the holding flag though, focus both ways, it can almost be thrown (legitimately) every play. The Lynn Camp & Hazard game should have the Tigers ready for district play when they go to North Laurel next week

Yeah it was a great game, but Clay does need to work on their running game and be a little more unpredictable.. The Freshmen John Hooker has impressed me alot. He's a real good wide receiver. Anyone know how Marcum is?

But Hazard has a great team, and is a powerhouse in 1A. Overall last night was just a great game..

I think his passing yards were just under 200 yards and 1 TD. He rushed for a lot more and a few more TD's. He had a great game, but this was just a tune up game for Perry Central in a couple weeks. He will probably have 500 yards total offense and double digit TD's against them if they leave him in the whole game.