Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the South Laurel Freshmen Program in Trouble

Featured Replies

Its early August and SL has already canceled a freshmen game with rival NL. Anyone know anything about this?

Not sure why they would, they dressed over 70 players in a scrimmage. I have not heard that SL cancelled any other games with out of county rivals.

I was at the North Laurel/ South Laurel Middle school game tonight and was told North Laurel cancelled the game???

Could it have been due to heat? Some else posted that the Highlands/Cov Cath Freshman game was cancelled due to heat.

This is the best freshmen group North has ever had and they have over 30 players. I seriously doubt they cancelled the game.

I was at the North Laurel/ South Laurel Middle school game tonight and was told North Laurel cancelled the game???

 

That's the story that SL's coach is telling, but certainly is not true.

 

SL called and cancelled, saying thy "didn't have enough players". NL's coach told them to bring sophomores, juniors, what ever they wanted, his boys just wanted to play.

 

Evidently when SL's coach was pressured by unhappy parents regarding the cancellation, he blamed it on NL. It's stuff like this that continually adds flames to the over burning fire. NL/SL is one messed up rivalry.

 

I heard NL picked up a game against Middlesboro, and won.

Let's keep Rule #6 in mind...

 

6. No putting incorrect or false information on the site.
Let's keep Rule #6 in mind...

 

My info is from one who knows.

I was at the North Laurel/ South Laurel Middle school game tonight and was told North Laurel cancelled the game???

 

North absolutely did not cancel this game and that is a fact. Take it to the bank. The new frosh coach (Roark) played at South, coached the frosh at Bell and takes great pride in never having lost to South. He wants to play this game very badly. I am sure there is a good reason for it and I will be it will be rescheduled at some point.

 

This is the best frosh class NL has had in 4 years in talent AND the best I have ever seen there in numbers. I don't see them cancelling any games. In fact, I am willing to bet they will be trying to play as many as possible to have those kids ready to step up in the very near future.

 

But the question on this thread was "is the SL frosh program in trouble". I certainly do not believe anything of the sort just because they cancelled 1 game.

North absolutely did not cancel this game and that is a fact. Take it to the bank. The new frosh coach (Roark) played at South, coached the frosh at Bell and takes great pride in never having lost to South. He wants to play this game very badly. I am sure there is a good reason for it and I will be it will be rescheduled at some point.

 

This is the best frosh class NL has had in 4 years in talent AND the best I have ever seen there in numbers. I don't see them cancelling any games. In fact, I am willing to bet they will be trying to play as many as possible to have those kids ready to step up in the very near future.

 

But the question on this thread was "is the SL frosh program in trouble". I certainly do not believe anything of the sort just because they cancelled 1 game.

 

I spoke with both Coach Roark and Coach Mills tonight. Both of them said they saw the e-mail that Coach Chappel sent to Abbott, explaining that they had some linemen hurt in their Monday JV game. I also heard the same thing about them offering to play them even if they put some sophmores on the team. I can't imagine backing out of your biggest rivalry. And I sure can't believe that a coach would go out lying to his players, parents and community about another team.

 

It seems to me that if NL had cancelled, they wouldn't be sending out emails requesting a replacement FR game on the coaches' listserve (which they did), nor going an hour somewhere to play someone else.

 

Is the SL freshmen program in trouble? Their head coach appears to be trying to save face by cancelling a game and then covering it up. If that is the case, I would say the whole program might be hurting if that is the leadership it is under.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.