Cawood 12 Harlan 7

Warrior32

This game was close all the way and hard fought. Harlan had 4 downs near the 10 yd line at the end but could not complete a pass and turned it over on downs. A great game for the fans to end the series on

I wasn't at the game, Are the 2 teams good?

Hard played, hard fought clean game between rivals. Lots of positives for two young football teams, not the least good sportsmanship. Cawood a much better looking team than in previous years, and Harlan not as hobbled by graduation as many thought. Breakout game for Bradford Marsili, senior wide reciever with a touchdown catch and a big time interception. Congrats to the sons of troy, they may make some district noise if they continue to improve

Hard played, hard fought clean game between rivals. Lots of positives for two young football teams, not the least good sportsmanship. Cawood a much better looking team than in previous years, and Harlan not as hobbled by graduation as many thought. Breakout game for Bradford Marsili, senior wide reciever with a touchdown catch and a big time interception. Congrats to the sons of troy, they may make some district noise if they continue to improve

From the sounds of it, seems like the best team since 03.

Just a few thoughts...

With the exception of a couple of players, I thought both teams looked slow. As bas as I hate to say it, I don't think either team will do much this year. I question the play calling of the Harlan staff on the last four downs of the on the twelve yard line. I also think Cawood needs to move TJ Green back to running back to compete with better teams. I thought freshman Dylon Smith looked good from Cawood. He is a fast player, and doesn't shy away from contact. The reverse Cawood scored late in the second quarter was one of the nicer plays I have seen in high school football.

Good luck to both teams!