Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Ky Small/Big School Rankings

Featured Replies

I'd say go ahead and get every team that was traditionally in region 1 under the 4 class system.
Fine with me.
What I did was look at all the teams in D1 and D2 and took all the ones who were in last years D1 and D2 and excluded several teams because of geography that wasn't in there last year, like all the 1a D2 teams like Holy Cross, Bethlehem, etc..Was kinda hard to include teams from the L'Ville area and call them a western team... I really didn't even look at teams in the D3 area...I pretty much cut it off at BGreen, unless they were included last year and still in D2...To me, if you're going to add Glasgow, then you have to add Metcalfe and then Green Co, then Monroe Co. and then Ft Knox, etc, etc, etc...Gotta cut it off somewhere...

Why would you have to add Ft. Knox… All I’m talking about is teams from 2A D3 which includes Monroe, Glasgow and Metcalfe which were included in these rankings last year, the only addition would be Green Co. which is still farther west than Adair Co. Like I said earlier no biggie, just wondering about the thought process….;)

  • Author
Why would you have to add Ft. Knox… All I’m talking about is teams from 2A D3 which includes Monroe, Glasgow and Metcalfe which were included in these rankings last year, the only addition would be Green Co. which is still farther west than Adair Co. Like I said earlier no biggie, just wondering about the thought process….;)

 

I would agree if those teams were still in D2, but, in reality, these teams were not really what I would consider Western Ky teams to start with if not for the fact they were in Region 1 before...I doubt many folks from Monroe or Green Co would say they lived in Western Ky...

I doubt many folks from Monroe or Green Co would say they lived in Western Ky...

True... However I don't think many people from Warren Co. would say their from western Ky either. The common term around here(BG included) is south central Ky…

Big Schools:

 

1. Bowling Green

2. Owensboro

3. Warren Central

4. Warren East

5. Christian Co

6. Owensboro Apollo

7. Marshall Co

8. Lone Oak

9. Franklin Simpson

10. Hopkinsville

Small Schools

1. Ft. Campbell

2. Mayfield

3. Tilghman

4. Owensboro Cath.

5. Trigg Co.

6. Caldwell Co.

7. Russellville

8. Crittenden Co.

9. Murray

10. Hancock Co.

 

Big Schools

1. Bowling Green

2. Owensboro Sr.

3. Marshall Co.

4. Hoptown

5. Henderson Co.

6. Warren Central

7. Christian Co.

8. Franklin-Simpson

9. Warren East

10. Graves Co.

Small School

 

1. Paducah Tilghman

2. Owensboro Catholic

3. Mayfield

4. Fort Campbell

5, Trigg County

6. Russellville

7. Caldwell County

8. Heath

9. Webster County

10. Butler County

 

 

Big School

 

1. Bowling Green

2. Owensboro

3. Marshall County

4. Hopkinsville

5. Christian County

6. Lone Oak

7. Franklin-Simpson

8. Warren Central

9. Warren East

10. Graves County

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.