Greenup County 2007

Sun Tzu

I noticed that there was a previous thread on Greenup County, but now it is not available.

I follow most of the teams in NE KY so I am interested to learn more about Greenup County's new offense. I saw the article in the Daily Independent (link attached) recently.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_212000212.html

What are the expectations for the Musketeers this season?

How will they fare in their opening game against Russell?

I just say this because what I have read up on their new offense is that its designed to keep the ball in the air a lot.

Thanks for the clarification.

Basically, teams should play with 6 DB's and have 5 in the box against Greenup. Is that how you read the defensive alignment against this offense?

Thanks for the clarification.

Basically, teams should play with 6 DB's and have 5 in the box against Greenup. Is that how you read the defensive alignment against this offense?

Its just basically play some sort of nickel defense while keeping your linebackers playing zone looking for some sort of draw or veer from the QB and RB. You just want to keep everything in front of you on defense and make sure the intial tackle is made and yards after catch are kept to a minimum.

P.S. Anytime you can bring heat on the QB and keep him on the move and keep him from setting his feet is good. Like I was always told, " its hard to throw a football when you are on your back. "

:thumb: :thumb: "Offense Sells The Tickets and Defense Wins The Game" and "If We Score, We May Win.................If They Never Score, We will Never Lose - Defense Wins Championships"

Those are two of my favorite sayings along with the one that you quoted.

The one thing about a lot of these "spread" type offenses though is that the QB gets rid of the ball quickly......When ran correctly the offense uses short passes much like a running game for short / ball control gains. JMO

Go Greenup. I always back them except for one day a year and thats when they play Russell. In the last few years they have not done well against Russell in the "backyard brawl". I expect them to do better this year and we should have a good game. :thumb: